Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ultimobici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,667

    Di2 Syncro Shift Problem

    Looking for a solution to a issue with Di2 setup.

    I have the following setup
    Dura Ace 9170 levers
    Dura Ace 9150 mechs
    WU-111 Bluetooth
    Sram 11-30 cassette
    Easton 46/36 chainrings

    I be tried setting up the chainrings & cassette on the app but I keep getting an error message regarding the gear stricture.

    Any ideas?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,864
    E-Tube has goofy lockouts on how many multi-shifts etc based on gearing. Which would be my first suspect as to why it is erroring out. WHat happens if you select 50/34 or 53/39 for your crankset? Last I looked D/A didn't support 46/36...but that was a while ago.


    There's lots of gearing selection oddities in e-tube
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    E-Tube has goofy lockouts on how many multi-shifts etc based on gearing. Which would be my first suspect as to why it is erroring out. WHat happens if you select 50/34 or 53/39 for your crankset? Last I looked D/A didn't support 46/36...but that was a while ago.


    There's lots of gearing selection oddities in e-tube
    +1

    Jus lie to E-TUBE and tell it you have a standard double with a standard 11-28 cassette and then you should be able to be semi and full synchro going. You wonít be able to configure the full shift points but you canít really do this even with standard gearing.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,719
    +2,

    Di2 only allows you to set the system to use whatever components Shimano currenly sells. Thus something like a 30/46 canít be used in the software.

    Note that even when selecting current Shimano components, itíll lock out the 2 smallest cogs while in the small ring, unless you tell it 39/53 or some other crank. If you select a 34/50 it wonít shift to the 11 + 12.

    In real world, you can lie, and tell the software you are using a 11-28 and 39/53, bit then just install whatever you want. The setup software doesnít know you are using a 36/46. It only matters if you BlueTooth connect the shifting system to a compatabile dipslay such as Garmin or Wahoo. Then the readout of which cog/ring you are in will be incorrect.

  5. #5
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    +2,

    Di2 only allows you to set the system to use whatever components Shimano currenly sells. Thus something like a 30/46 canít be used in the software.

    Note that even when selecting current Shimano components, itíll lock out the 2 smallest cogs while in the small ring, unless you tell it 39/53 or some other crank. If you select a 34/50 it wonít shift to the 11 + 12.

    In real world, you can lie, and tell the software you are using a 11-28 and 39/53, bit then just install whatever you want. The setup software doesnít know you are using a 36/46. It only matters if you BlueTooth connect the shifting system to a compatabile dipslay such as Garmin or Wahoo. Then the readout of which cog/ring you are in will be incorrect.
    Note...Garmin and Wahoo will read the correct gear position, it is only the actual tooth readouts and ratios that are wrong

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    +2,

    Di2 only allows you to set the system to use whatever components Shimano currenly sells. Thus something like a 30/46 canít be used in the software.

    Note that even when selecting current Shimano components, itíll lock out the 2 smallest cogs while in the small ring, unless you tell it 39/53 or some other crank. If you select a 34/50 it wonít shift to the 11 + 12.

    In real world, you can lie, and tell the software you are using a 11-28 and 39/53, bit then just install whatever you want. The setup software doesnít know you are using a 36/46. It only matters if you BlueTooth connect the shifting system to a compatabile dipslay such as Garmin or Wahoo. Then the readout of which cog/ring you are in will be incorrect.
    on Di2 9150/8050 series, if you have a 36/52 or smaller crankset and you shift into the small chainring up front, then the rear derailleur will not be able to take up the chain slack if you shift into the 2 smallest cogs in the back. That's why Di2 prevents you from shifting into the 2 smallest cogs if your small chainring is 36t or less. A 39t chainring will not be an issue. So yes while you can fool Etube into allowing you to shift into the 2 smallest cogs while on a <36t chainring, it does you no good to do so.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Note...Garmin and Wahoo will read the correct gear position, it is only the actual tooth readouts and ratios that are wrong
    What I meant to type.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ultimobici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,667

    Di2 Syncro Shift Problem

    Does anyone know if you can edit the settings file from e-tube?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ultimobici; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:02 PM.

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,076
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimobici View Post
    Does anyone know if you can edit the settings file from e-tube?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't see any way you could in etube

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ultimobici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,667
    Sorry, what I meant was editing a file downloaded from E-Tube.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,076
    nope, didn't see a way to edit the downloaded file either. Etube will allow you to download the bike's shifting profile, so that you could upload it back to the bike later should you wish (eg, after you've changed the bike's shift profile to something else and wish to revert back to old profile, then you'd upload the saved old profile.)

    But etube doesn't allow you to edit the downloaded profile though. But you really don't need to edit any downloaded profile though. You just need to edit the current "Shift Mode" to something you wish and etube will transfer the new settings to the bike. I understand you're wanting to set Di2 to use the 36/46 crankset and it's not allowing you, right? Then just use something like 36/52 and 11-30 cassette. It'll be fine. You will not gain or lose any Di2 functionality, none whatsoever.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ultimobici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,667
    Thanks. I feared as much.

    Functionally it is fine. However, the display on my Garmin drives me up the wall!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Syncro
    By mackgoo in forum Campagnolo
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-26-2017, 05:24 PM
  2. Syncro II Left Shifter Problem
    By Camilo in forum Campagnolo
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-10-2015, 08:30 AM
  3. Campagnolo Syncro pulley Question
    By onespeedbiker in forum Retro-Classic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 04:43 PM
  4. Campy Campa Campagnolo Syncro DT shifters
    By paredown in forum Retro-Classic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 05:05 PM
  5. Campy Syncro question.
    By robert_shawn in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 04:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.