difference between DA 7750 and 7800 pedals??

Mar 2004

Question difference between DA 7750 and 7800 pedals??

I am looking into new road pedals, and have noticed that there are two different dura ace pedals, a 7750 model, and a 7800 model. Whats the difference?

all the gear - no idea
    Sep 2003

no meaningful difference

Quote Originally Posted by cpurv
    I am looking into new road pedals, and have noticed that there are two different dura ace pedals, a 7750 model, and a 7800 model. Whats the difference?
    7750 was last year's model - the 7800 came out with the new 10 speed Dura Ace group - I may be wrong but I can't detect any major difference, except price and colour. 7800 may be slightly wider than 7750. Save even more and get the Ultegra (PD-R600); they weigh 70 g more (including cleats) than the dura ace, but I have found them excellent pedals.
    Last edited by charlieboy; 03-22-2004 at 07:01 AM.

Mar 2004

Have both the 7750 & 7800

I have the 7750's on my 5500 and the 7800's on my 5900. I can't tell any difference. Both are far superior to the Looks I used to ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    I was told by the LBS that they are definitely exactly the same.

I have one set of the 7800s and one of the Ultegras, I'd agree with the above poster, it's probably not worth it to get the Dura Ace ones. They are literally exactly the same, there must just be one single piece that is made out of Ti or something in the Dura Ace ones, and the color is different. (DA = grayish, Ultegra = chrome/polished look)

Do note that these pedals have major tension! Beware of riding with them at 50% or above tension, you really have to have time to make a real controlled movement to get out or you'll fall if you lose concentration.

Ben