Don't like full Syncro Di2
    RoadBikeReview Member

Don't like full Syncro Di2

I tried full Syncro Di2 today, really don't like how long it takes for the rear to shift after the front drops to the small ring, if that happened in a pace line someone would be in my rear wheel. Does this get better if I set it to faster shifting?

Glad you can change shift modes while riding from a Garmin, would have been a pain to have to stop and whip out my mobile phone to switch it back to manual._
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

Adorable Furry Hombre
    In e-tube, change the shifting speed of the RD.

You don't need a bike computer to change shifting modes on Di2, double tap the button on your Junction A.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    I tried full Syncro Di2 today, really don't like how long it takes for the rear to shift after the front drops to the small ring, if that happened in a pace line someone would be in my rear wheel. Does this get better if I set it to faster shifting?

Glad you can change shift modes while riding from a Garmin, would have been a pain to have to stop and whip out my mobile phone to switch it back to manual._
    I tried full synchro for one ride. In my opinion, it really doesn't give any benefit to normal road riding. The only real application I could see would be time trial/triathlon.

Semi synchro (I call this compensation mode) works ok, and it does provide more benefit that full synchro fir rode riding. I rode in this mode for the better part of a season. What I found was, the more I used it, the less I liked it. There are many cases where a compensation shift is not needed or wanted. I just finally went back to standard shifting mode and have left it there. I might give semi-synchro another shot, but using only one compensating shift per FD shift and see if that works better for me.
    Last edited by Finx; 02-28-2019 at 07:29 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    In e-tube, change the shifting speed of the RD.

You don't need a bike computer to change shifting modes on Di2, double tap the button on your Junction A.
    I changed the shifting speed to the quickest setting and I still think it drops to much to fast before it shifts up. I also played with the shift points. The reason I want to use this is to make sure I can use a 11/36 cassette with a 6870 GS RDR and not have slack in the chain when I'm in 34/11. Wish there was a way to block combinations of gears, so the extremes were only accessible by shifting to a different ring. That's essentially what full Syncro does, just not as fast as I would like it. For me, I would start the rear before the front to prevent the delay. I'll try playing with the speed for syncroshift which is a different setting, maybe that would help. It's on normal now but slower settings are accessible.
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett