FSA crank arm bolts
    IndyFab girl

FSA crank arm bolts

Does anyone know where I can get replacements bolts for FSA cranks? The ones that thread into the bottom bracket. The bolts on my Energys are rusty, I'm looking for some stainless steel ones to replace them.

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

Try Colorado Cyclist or Ebay

Colorado Cyclist has them in the catalog and you see them all the time on ebay. Don't know if they are stainless or not. I have 3 FSA carbon cranks and all of the crankbolts are alloy, with no corrosion problems.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

depends on the BB...

The size of bolts you need depends on the model of BB that you have. The steel spindled models will have 15mm threads and the Ti spindled BBs have 14mm threads. FSA makes either in aluminum or steel, but not stainless steel. Personally, I'd clean the threads with a dremel mounted wire brush, grease all of the threads heavily and reinstall.

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...%20Arm%20Bolts

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    The installation tool is steel, the "filler" bolts are black anodized aluminum. If you call FSA, they will send you replacements. Mine were free(!)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

not quite...

The steel bolts are not just an installation tool. I've heard of folks who received two sets of bolts with a Ti spindled BB, but none of mine came with two sets. Mine only came with the aluminum bolts. The cheaper BBs use steel bolts. Some come with self-extracting versions of the steel bolt.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    I bought the Platinum Ti BB 2 years ago and it came with one steel bolt and 2 aluminum ones. The instructions (and also a call to FSA) confirm that the steel is for installation. Is there an installation tool that I'm not aware of?

wheel to wheel
    On the self-extracting BB's, the steel bolt is the installation tool.

I've seen some FSA BB's/cranksets come with only the 2 alloy bolts, and not the additional steel bolt. Avoid installing the crankset with the alloy bolts. In reaching the required torque, one risks stripping the alloy bolt completely, and then there's trouble....

Install the crank arms with the steel bolt, greased, to the required torque, so that the arms are set, then remove the steel bolt and replace with the alloys.

FSA will send the steel M14 or M15 bolts free, at least in my experience.
    Any LBS should also have one they'll give you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003

Same for me with an Isis Ti BB I bought last year.

I think the "installation tool" is the steel crank bolt.
    All my others were supplied with the Cranks and were for Octalink BBs. They were alloy. I used a stell shimano crank bolt to install those cranks then finished with the FSA Alloy versions..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

you're right..

I did get one Ti BB with one steel bolt and the button that allows an old style crank puller to be used on an ISIS spindle. The torque required to seat the crank arm on the spindle can exceed the aluminum bolt's capacity. I've had some go on fairly easy and others required more torque. Always good to use the steel bolt the first time on.