Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Having a hard time finding a silver stem.....

783 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  RedRex 
#1 ·
I've found plenty of stems with 1 1/8 clamp, I want 1inch, and....

four bolt face plate
1 inch steerer tube
silver
90 or 100mm
5-7degree

I sure wish the Nitto stem wasn't 1 1/8.

Anything out there? This is for a very sexy custom steel frame, so those Profile stems seem sort of out-of-place.

#3 ·
No way man. I'm not putting a shim in there and klunking up my custom engraved top cap. I have a shim on my beater, and that just isn't good enough for my custom rig.

I'll keep my black Ritchey stem if I have to, but there HAS to be a silver 1 inch stem.

G
#4 ·
Contact Sacha White or Sam Whittingham and get the stem made. You will get a custom, one off worthy of the finest bike, it will have the exact size and angle you want. You'll spend about $100 I would think.

Sacha is at vanilla.com and Sam is at timetogetnaked.com

good luck.

#5 ·
"Sacha is at vanilla.com and Sam is at timetogetnaked.com"

Nice info, thanks. One Santa heads back to the North Pole I will look into this for sure. 100 bucks seems logical for this rig, considering what I paid for my Nitto cages!

Thanks.

G
#6 ·
RedRex said:
"Sacha is at vanilla.com and Sam is at timetogetnaked.com"

Nice info, thanks. One Santa heads back to the North Pole I will look into this for sure. 100 bucks seems logical for this rig, considering what I paid for my Nitto cages!

Thanks.
Sorry

Vanillabicycles.com

Sam is either timetogetnaked.com or fortebikes.com ( he has to change his name because of a certain large retailer)

#7 ·
RedRex said:
I've found plenty of stems with 1 1/8 clamp, I want 1inch, and....

four bolt face plate
1 inch steerer tube
silver
90 or 100mm
5-7degree

Anything out there? This is for a very sexy custom steel frame, so those Profile stems seem sort of out-of-place.
I don't think you are going to find anything that meets all your requirements. 4 bolt faceplates are a fairly new fad that seem to only come in the 1-1/8" varity.

Ritchey used to make the Comp model in a gray/silver color w/1" clamp - two bolt clamp though. Performance sold them among others. I actually prefer the Comp over the WCS because it's stouter and the face place doesn't make so much noise.

Good luck.

#8 ·
T H O M P S O N.

Like the other posters have said, you probably won't find a 1" steerer clamp. (Almost) nobody makes one. You'll have to use a shim, in which case, you should get a Thompson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.