Hydraulic brake conversion
    Dr. Flats a lot

Hydraulic brake conversion

Anyone with any experience with the old Magura hydraulic rim brake from the 90's? I'm wondering if you can use it with a disc brake. Change the lines and connect it with a modern brake.

PRB
    Bibo Ergo Sum
    Can you clarify what you mean please? Going out on a limb I'd guess that you mean use HS66/77 levers with a disc caliper but it's not clear. Perhaps you're referring to the HS11/22/33?

FWIW if my guess is correct I have doubts that it would work properly. Most master cylinders (levers) are matched to the particular caliper and I'm pretty sure that the HS series were closed systems and most discs are open systems. I suppose anything can be made to work with enough money, time and effort though.....
    Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wait until next year and you won't have to worry about it: Integrated hydraulic reservoirs in SRAM Red Hoods
    Voting isn't marriage - it's public transport. You are not waiting for "The One" who is absolutely perfect. You are getting on the bus, and if there isn't one going exactly to your destination you don't stay at home and sulk - you take the one going closest to where you want to be!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Brake Therapy conversion kits? I have an old Cross bike that I want to put disc brakes on. Has anyone ever tried the conversion kits from Brake Therapy.com? I think mine uses road rear hub spacing; does anyone even make road disc wheels?