Keo Grip vs. Keo BiMaterial Cleats
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014

Keo Grip vs. Keo BiMaterial Cleats

Ordered the non-grip version of the Keo cleat and was shipped the Keo Grip cleats. I've used both, but prefer the Bi-material cleat without the grip pads.

Anyone else using Keos and have an opinion? I suppose I prefer the non-grip version because it's just simpler and looking at how it engages it just looks more secure, especially climbing or in a sprint.

Neither version, would I want to walk around with anyway. Cleat covers for that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Must be the sole Keo user?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I tried a grip version a few years ago, that was enough. Non grip for me.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GKSki View Post
    Ordered the non-grip version of the Keo cleat and was shipped the Keo Grip cleats. I've used both, but prefer the Bi-material cleat without the grip pads.

Anyone else using Keos and have an opinion? I suppose I prefer the non-grip version because it's just simpler and looking at how it engages it just looks more secure, especially climbing or in a sprint.

Neither version, would I want to walk around with anyway. Cleat covers for that.
    I don't care for the grip version. They wear out quickly and don't really offer much benefit

tjc
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    I use the grip version, have never had an issue with them pulling out or feeling loose or engaging/dis-engaging. But they do wear quicker (at least the rubber tip part does). But the same cleat covers work just as well with the grip and non-grip version.

Before moving to the grip version, I did almost take a spill when putting foot down on some smooth concrete by only hitting the plastic cleat (not heel or toe of shoe). My foot shot out to the side so fast, thought I was going to loose it, but luckily somehow stayed upright. The next time I bought cleats I got the grip and never looked back.

I did recently receive a pair of non-grip grey version, came with a new set of pedals, and never used. PM me if you want to swap. Although I would just return the order since it was the stores fault, they should cover the shipping.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Thanks, but I mounted them to give them another try. Wasn't worth the hassle of sending back.

I actually find they wear a little better than the simple bi-material version