Koobi PRS saddles ?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Anyone riding with Koobi PRS saddles ?

I was looking at upgrading my saddle and came across the KOOBI models and was very intrigued.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge and experience with this brand and what has been your long term experience?

Looking for a good comfortable saddle for 30-100 mile rides and I am a pretty big guy with a generous back end (6', 210lbs.)
    Last edited by jackmen; 02-25-2013 at 09:29 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Try it. I tested one from my LBS, not sure what setting the little suspension thingies were at, but I hated it. The shop guy rides one on his MTB and loves it, so like all saddles YMMV.

RoadBikeReview Member

Koobi PRS saddles ?

I have the Koobi PRS saddle on my road bike and I have the Koobi enduro saddle on my mountain bike. No other saddle worked for me or was as comfortable. They do exactly as advertised. No numbness during my century rides. I have a couple ruptured discs in my lumbar area and the PRS takes the edge off, really lets me enjoy riding. I'm a Clyde and this works for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Switched to Koobi over two years ago. Excellent folks. They sent me three different models to try. All noticeably different. I put a couple hundred miles on each before buying. Even switched them during rides just for fun. I ended up buying two. Will probably buy some more. Needed a good Furnace Creek 508 saddle. These have been the go to saddle for us and we have logged many miles on them.

They work for me and the lady of the house.

Saddles are extremely personal and what works for me may not work for you. Height, angle etc also play an important role in fit. Especially the angle. Don't be afraid to experiment to see.

I suggest a good test ride(s) on any saddle before you buy if you can.

Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoo View Post
    Switched to Koobi over two years ago. Excellent folks. They sent me three different models to try. All noticeably different. I put a couple hundred miles on each before buying. Even switched them during rides just for fun. I ended up buying two. Will probably buy some more. Needed a good Furnace Creek 508 saddle. These have been the go to saddle for us and we have logged many miles on them.

They work for me and the lady of the house.

Saddles are extremely personal and what works for me may not work for you. Height, angle etc also play an important role in fit. Especially the angle. Don't be afraid to experiment to see.

I suggest a good test ride(s) on any saddle before you buy if you can.

Good luck.
    Just curious, which model(s) did you end up keeping? I'm testing a PRS Alpha, and am still trying to get the position/angle dialed in.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Ended up with the regular model (non-PRS) of the Enduro. I believe it is called the AU Enduro. We bought two of them. I think we will be buying a couple more soon for our single bikes. It was really close between the Alpha and the Enduro. The foam on the Alpha was just a tad too hard. I had been putting in several hundred miles and more per week at that time and the Alpha while good was just a tad bit too hard for me at the end of many hours in the saddle. I certainly like the shape of both saddles.

Not that it matters but I did not like the Century model. For me the Enduro and Alpha fit me better. I also noticed that just a few degrees of angle adjustment really made a difference. I would try tiny angle adjustments up or down from base line flat to see how that affects fit for you. Here again everyone is different.

I hope you find a saddle that works for you.

Good luck.
    Last edited by stevoo; 04-01-2013 at 01:23 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks--much appreciated. My main issue with the Alpha is the hardness of the padding. Might just need to bite the bullet and work on breaking in the leather cover.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Same issue with me and the Alpha. Just a tad too hard for me.

I put a couple hundred miles on the Alpha and it did not get any softer. My Enduro saddles have tons of miles on them and they have not gotten any softer with use. They are what they are. That is a good thing as they seem to be maintaining their shape and firmness well.
    I chose the Enduro because it was a tad softer than the Alpha. Just enough to make it better for me.

Guess what I am saying is that I don't believe it will "break in" and get any softer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    I liked my PRS with an aluminum bike, but switched to a Romin Evo with carbon. Maybe my butt just got tougher.
    Tis the season for all of us not hard enough to play to belittle those not hard enough to win. We are a funny lot. - dave @ November Bicycles