• 05-12-2008
    u20cr
    Lateral movement in my Campy UT.....Help
    I have been riding 1000km. on my Pinarello Prince with Record UT crankset. Now there is clicking sounds from the crankset and I have detected a little lateral movement when I press on the left crankarm.
    I have cleaned and regreased it and tighten the bolt at the right torque (about 43nm)
    What is wrong?
  • 05-13-2008
    capt_phun
    Campy recommends you can torque that bolt up to 60Nm. That is what I needed to due to get the wave washer to properly engage the bearings & prevent lateral movement.
  • 05-13-2008
    yanksphan
    Is the retention clip on the drive side cup?
  • 05-13-2008
    fabsroman
    My two guesses have already been covered above. Hope that fixes it for you.
  • 05-13-2008
    kfurrow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by capt_phun
    Campy recommends you can torque that bolt up to 60Nm. That is what I needed to due to get the wave washer to properly engage the bearings & prevent lateral movement.

60 Nm? I just installed mine (Chorus level) and the manual that came with the crankset indicated that the proper torque was 42 Nm. I didn't see 60 Nm mentioned anywhere.
  • 05-13-2008
    wim
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kfurrow
    60 Nm? I just installed mine (Chorus level) and the manual that came with the crankset indicated that the proper torque was 42 Nm. I didn't see 60 Nm mentioned anywhere.

Campagnolo published a correction in June '07. There were reports of fixing bolts coming loose at 42 Nm, so they upped the maximum torque to 60 Nm. Someone from Campy wrote somewhere that 70 Nm is fine too, if needed

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository...orque_0607.pdf