List of current cassettes?
    Matnlely Dregaend

List of current cassettes?

I liked Sheldon Brown's Gear calculator website not only because of the calculator, but also because it showed commonly available cassettes. Sadly Sheldon is no longer with us and the page hasn't been updated, so I was trying to find current 10/11 speed cassettes that are available from the big 3. Are there any webpages that list them in an organized comparative fashion? I started my own but I am sure it is incomplete:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EL...QjkfAzU3iFQ9Ni

Equation Used: Radius of tire (340mm) / crank length (170mm) x chainring # / cog # x 10

The ratio between different combinations is unaffected by tire size and crank length.
    Last edited by DrSmile; 10-20-2019 at 05:49 AM.
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Cycling and ethical bankruptcy have always gone together." - Bike Snob NYC
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks
    "I haven't %^&* like that since I was an altar boy" Hank Moody

A wheelist
    Feb 2004
    You missed 10-spd 14-25 Shimano.

Matnlely Dregaend
    Added the Shimano Junior gearing. Fyi the table looks a lot better on an ASCII editor because all the cogs line up vertically.
    Last edited by DrSmile; 05-17-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” - Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "White personifies this generation's obsession with superficiality, one in which a carefully curated social media post is more important than the actual ride" - Daimeon Shanks

So. Calif.
    Too bad there aren't (AFAIK) 10sp cassettes intended more for commuters or cyclo-tourists.

A wide-range cassette like SRAM's 11-32 has too wide gaps, and the 11/12 are not very useful for that application.

A 13-32 or even 14-32 would be a lot nicer for those applications, used with 50-34 compact crank.

Eg,
    13--14--15--16--17----19-------22-------25-------28---------32
    or
    ----14--15--16--17----19----21----23------26--------29------32

Matnlely Dregaend
    Added my own modified gear ratios. I used the convenient wheel to crank length ratio of 2 to make the 55x11 a nice 100 value. Again everything lines up vertically if you copy it to an Ascii file.

Matnlely Dregaend
    Rearranged the list a bit and added the rather interesting new Shimano 11-32 11 speed cassette.

Matnlely Dregaend
    Christmas update! Added BBB cassettes, more chainrings, and color coded the first missing sprocket in each cassette.

Matnlely Dregaend
    5 year dredge!

Updated for 12 speed, colors are gone sorry, but now it's printable on a single page.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EL...QjkfAzU3iFQ9Ni