Mini Wedgie & EMT mini questions

Jul 2004

Mini Wedgie & EMT mini questions

Does anyone have some commenst on these Specialized products? I like the waterproof aspect of the Mini Wedgie, and the neoprene sleeve for the tool kit and levers. I do wish there was a buckled loop on the bottom for carying an extra foldable tire. I guess there might be enough available slack in the seat strap, but not sure. I also wish is had a clip for the seatpost, rather than velcro. Anyone had problems with it eating shorts, or is it small enough as to not matter.
    As for the EMT Mini, I like the size, but it may be low on both tools and torque.

Any comments are welcome.

Gordon

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddwyr
    Does anyone have some commenst on these Specialized products? I like the waterproof aspect of the Mini Wedgie, and the neoprene sleeve for the tool kit and levers. I do wish there was a buckled loop on the bottom for carying an extra foldable tire. I guess there might be enough available slack in the seat strap, but not sure. I also wish is had a clip for the seatpost, rather than velcro. Anyone had problems with it eating shorts, or is it small enough as to not matter.
    As for the EMT Mini, I like the size, but it may be low on both tools and torque.

Any comments are welcome.

Gordon
    I have the Mini Wedgie you described. I can fit two ultralight tubes in it (helps to put each tube in maybe a sandwich bag, so that it all slides in and out easily). I also fit two tire levers and a Crank Bros mini tool in it. It's a tight squeeze, but I took the time to figure out how to most efficientlyarrange these items, so it's a perfect fit.

As for carrying an extra tire, there's no slack on the velcro strap that holds it onto the seat rails. I actually have to tighten it more than I would like because it seems they made that strap too short. The seatpost strap is longer, but I don't think it's long enough to hold a tire folded up enough to be unintrusive.

Hope that helps.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004
    I too use the Mini Wedgie.

For solo riding and training I carry one tube, Park glueless patches, a Park CT5 mini chain tool, spare chain pins, a Park tyre boot, 2 tyre levers, an EMT tool (not sure which one, but the 'mid sized') and I keep the neoprene holder free to carry a credit card (incase I get hungry). I also put my house keys in it.

The mini wedgie is a great size, and it is narrower than my Specialized BG saddle. There is no room in the velcro straps for an extra tube / tyre / jacket...but a couple of toe clip straps will hold whatever you need under the bag.

The wedgie is not 100% waterproof (what is?) but does a reasonable job of keeping everything dryish. It holds all my crap, and has a holder for an extra flashing red light on the back for those dark and wet nights (nice if your with a lady but 'aint no good if you're out riding). Also, because there are two zips, you can zip the bag up in the center so the tags on the zips do not stick out into the path of your legs.

Overall, I'd say its a pretty good bag...does everything that a saddle bag can do imho