MTB quick release skewers for road bike
    j73
    Roadbikereview member
    Sep 2009

MTB quick release skewers for road bike

Hey guys! just want to know your opinions....I have a mavic mtb quick release skewers and I want to use it on my road bike, nothing fancy with my road bike wheels they are just the alex rims with scott components hubs and formula skewers. it looks like the length of the two brands are the same for both front and rear, I'm just concerned if the diameter of the axle is the same. Do MTB and Road QR axles has the same diameter or thickness?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    the only difference is the skewer length, you can cut off some of the thread if they are staying on your road bike

i like the mavic skewers, they feel nice
    LANCE ARMSTRONG 2009 NEVADA CITY CHAMPION

j73
    Roadbikereview member
    Sep 2009
    I appreciate your opinion. yes mavic Qr's feels nice, I'm using now my mtb skewers on my road bike and they are not only lighter than the original ones but they look a lot better.they stick a little bit of thread maybe half a mm, but I can live with that. one thing is that the handle on the QR's keep on making that rattling noise...I've read about this on a review and the solution was to super glue the plastic where it connects to the metal part. we will see...thanks again