New B/B For NOS Campagnolo C-Record Chainset
    RoadBikeReview Member

New B/B For NOS Campagnolo C-Record Chainset

I've managed to source a near complete C-Record Groupo, all I need is a bottom bracket, but don't know what size etc I need, or what best type is.

The frame that all this stuff is going on currently has a modern Campy Chorus b/b and the shell is English threaded. I think the spindle width for an older chainset like this needs to be 111mm?

I'm not sure what the best way to go is - Phil Wood (not familair with how these are fitted - tools req etc). Some help would be appreciated.

If you can e-mail me direct that'd be cool [email protected]

Dan.

Kant phuckin sphell

This place is good!

They have alot of infor on the bb size you will need.
    www.bicycleclassics.com
    www.tomsgarageapex.com
    Honda Acura Service and Repair

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy
    I've managed to source a near complete C-Record Groupo, all I need is a bottom bracket, but don't know what size etc I need, or what best type is.

The frame that all this stuff is going on currently has a modern Campy Chorus b/b and the shell is English threaded. I think the spindle width for an older chainset like this needs to be 111mm?

I'm not sure what the best way to go is - Phil Wood (not familair with how these are fitted - tools req etc). Some help would be appreciated.

If you can e-mail me direct that'd be cool [email protected]

Dan.
    The C-Record crankset takes a 111 mm BB spindle, but the current 111 mm racing triple BB won't work. One spindle is symmetrical, one isn't, I forget which is which. It's the same as the current Record Pista BB. The Pista, which is not really suitable for road use was, until this year, the only current Campy BB that would work for C-Record, Croce D'Aune, Chorus, and Athena cranks. I saw on Branford Bike that there is now a road BB for these cranks. IIRC, it's Veloce level.

Or, you can get the Phil Wood, and never buy another bottom bracket. Phil BBs are simply the best there is. There is a Phil Wood tool that goes with Phil's lockrings. Rumor has it that installation and fine-tuning of chainline is much easier with 2 tools.

Get the Phil.

--Shannon

RoadBikeReview Member

Get the Phil

I ran a C Record crank and Phil BB for years. Great combination. The Phil model you want is the BRS-10. You will also need a set of lockrings (English or Italian). You will only need one of the Phil tools. Having two tools doesn't make the adjustment any easier.

You don't need to crank the rings on that hard as they provide Loctite for the rings. If you do jam them on too hard, you run the risk of binding the inside of the ring onto the flange of the BB cartridge body. Trust me, I've done just that. I'd lightly grease the body flanges on either side before the install.

You can order direct from Phil. I did it from London and had the BB in 3 days. Their customer service, voice or email, is excellent and responsive.

You still in Kiwi country or back in Blighty?

Quote Originally Posted by tube_ee
    The C-Record crankset takes a 111 mm BB spindle, but the current 111 mm racing triple BB won't work. One spindle is symmetrical, one isn't, I forget which is which. It's the same as the current Record Pista BB. The Pista, which is not really suitable for road use was, until this year, the only current Campy BB that would work for C-Record, Croce D'Aune, Chorus, and Athena cranks. I saw on Branford Bike that there is now a road BB for these cranks. IIRC, it's Veloce level.

Or, you can get the Phil Wood, and never buy another bottom bracket. Phil BBs are simply the best there is. There is a Phil Wood tool that goes with Phil's lockrings. Rumor has it that installation and fine-tuning of chainline is much easier with 2 tools.

Get the Phil.

--Shannon

AJS
    banned

Question

Next time, post this in the "Campagnolo" forum, doncha think? ;)

RoadBikeReview Member

Ac-h

Campy AC-H (Centaur) BB is 111mm symmetrical and works fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    PS- it only about $26