Niterider Blowtorch or Cygolite Z-Force?
    RoadBikeReview Member

Niterider Blowtorch or Cygolite Z-Force?

I've read the various reviews, it seems a toss up. Anyone have any opinions on which to go with. I currently have a niteride road rat, which just isn't enough light in pure darkness on a local curvy paved trail.

This is primarily for 1-2 hour road rides on pavement some on lighted streets, but much in pure darkness on backroads and paved trails.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikejr
    I've read the various reviews, it seems a toss up. Anyone have any opinions on which to go with. I currently have a niteride road rat, which just isn't enough light in pure darkness on a local curvy paved trail.

This is primarily for 1-2 hour road rides on pavement some on lighted streets, but much in pure darkness on backroads and paved trails.
    Check out the Light & Motion ARC Li-Ion Ultra - 6 hour battery life and a brighter light than the blowtorch plus I didn't have to give up a water bottle cage. Costs more, but was well worth it, IMHO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yea I'm already pushing the price limit I want to spend, and don't really mind the water bottle thing since I am riding at night in winter, so hydration is not usually an issue. If it is I use a hydration pack. . In fact on my mountain bike (used for road riding) a water bottle battery iss easier than trying to strap a frame battery around/under my cables.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    I have the helmet mounted Niterider Storm which is the same light as the Blowtorch. I'm very happy with it. I use it on the road exclusively and feel the helmet mount is preferable to the bar mount. It points where you look, you can put it in driver's eyes to get them to lower their lights and helmet mounted lights seem to light the road better (angle from light to road surface?)

Contact Niterider (858) 268-9316 or www.niterider.com. They used to give you a price break if you sent in an old Niterider.

rmp
    RoadBikeReview Member

Light and Motion

Another vote, if there is any way to make it work, I absolutely LOVE my Light and Motion ARC (I don't have the fancy L-Ion version). Heck, you could modify an old water bottle to fit the battery in there if that is a definite need.

Ryan
    -self-proclaimed president of the Light and Motion Fan Club....