Peugeot Fixed Gear / Crankset
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002

Peugeot Fixed Gear / Crankset

Hello, I picked up this Peugeot Fixed Gear recently but wanted do something about the remaining double crankset (the 52 ring is one piece). Does this look replaceable or does that get into BB replacement, chainline issues, etc? Or, any chance I dremel tool/cut off the 52 ring after/outside the chainring bolts leaving just the inner / 42? Pics attached. Or just leave it as is? (seems like some sort of violation to have a fixie bike with 2 chainrings pcrank1.JPGpcrank2.jpgpcrank3.jpgpcrank4.jpgpcrank1.JPGpcrank2.jpgpcrank3.jpgpcrank4.jpgThanks!

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Yes it's replaceable. Whether you can find a crank that will work w/ that bottom bracket to get you the correct chainline is another story. Most likely yes, you just have to know what you're looking for.
    #promechaniclife

RoadBikeReview Member
    Definitely replaceable. Looks pretty standard from the pics, but can't say for sure unless it's pulled off. Also, teeth on SS chainring is cut differently to keeps the chain on, so I probably wouldn't ride the 42 without the big chainring. Besides, SS cranks are dirt cheap, even if you need a new BB.

'brifter' is f'ing stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_rider View Post
    Definitely replaceable. Looks pretty standard from the pics, but can't say for sure unless it's pulled off. Also, teeth on SS chainring is cut differently to keeps the chain on, so I probably wouldn't ride the 42 without the big chainring. Besides, SS cranks are dirt cheap, even if you need a new BB.
    Not on a SS or fixed road bike. Unless you mean 1/8" instead of 3/32" but it sounds like you're talking about narrow/wide like a 1X, but it's not like that. Completely normal ring, no pins or ramps.
    #promechaniclife