Polar HRM

Printable View

• 06-23-2005
    danielc
    Polar HRM
    My battery on the watch just died and I was wondering if i should send it to Polar as they recommend or take it to a watch shop. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Is it even a big deal.

Thanks in advance.
  • 06-23-2005
    Silver222
    It's a bit of a pain. There are a couple of little springs in there. If you're hopeless mechanically, or swim with it, I'd bring it in.
  • 06-23-2005
    filtersweep
    Quote:

Originally Posted by danielc
    My battery on the watch just died and I was wondering if i should send it to Polar as they recommend or take it to a watch shop. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Is it even a big deal.

Thanks in advance.

I sent mine in, but the display was also bleeding. It was out of warranty, but it was fixed for very little money... and fast.
  • 06-24-2005
    maximum15
    I replaced mine with no real problem.
    When you remove the screws, be careful of the rubber seal around the edge. Look closely at the battery and the way it is clipped in so you will have no question on how to place a new one in. When putting it back together, again be careful of the rubber seal around the edge to ensure it is properly located. If you understand the function of limit screws and can adjust a derailer, you can do this.
  • 06-26-2005
    hdave_CO
    Send it in! They have a great serve dept and they will change the battery and test it for h2o proofnessa nd all that. And, if you need a new transmitter or strap, they are very affordable. Well worth sending it in if you spent a dime on a decent one.

go to their website for all the details and prices.

my $0.02
  • 06-26-2005
    harvey
    Send it back to Polar!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hdave_CO
    Send it in!

I agree fully. I needed to have batteries replaced in both the receiver and transmitter. Sent them to Polar - they replaced the receiver battery for free and gave me a brand new transmitter for about 40 bucks.
  • 06-27-2005
    toomanybikes
    I sent mine in - new battery in the wrist unit, new chest strap battery and all sent back to me in 10 days - no charge!!!
  • 06-27-2005
    kcd
    Don't take it to a watch shop. If it's under warranty or if you paid more than $50 or so for it, send it in to Polar. If it's out of warranty and you paid less than $50, buy a new one.