Shimano 105 shifter to record shifter fit consideration
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004

Shimano 105 shifter to record shifter fit consideration

I recently switched my 9 speed 105 components to campy record. I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this. In regard to fit I was comfortable on my shimano 105 hoods but on the record hoods my triceps and trapezius seem to hurt. When switching between the two is there some adjustment I need to make to the rest of the bike such as increasing the setback or turn the handlebars up?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2006
    I have found that with newer Campy shifters, a handlebar with a flat ramp is most comfortable. It's pretty much a horizontal plane all the way to the end of the shifter. Angling the shifter up, like the Shimano, is not the way to go. IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2003

Level

I had a similar experience going from D-A to Record and found that setting the handlebar and Campy shifters so that the top of the bar and top of the shifters is flat and level helps.

Al

RoadBikeReview Member
    Like on the other posts i advise you to set the campagnolo hoods to be level on the handlebar or even slightly upwards...then they should be as comfortable as the shimano STI

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    My experience has been similar, I do angle them up a tad but have a far more level look with Ergo as opposed to STI.

That said, it's all personal. Boonen points his Ergos way high:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...rks_Tarmac_SL2

As for me, I dedicate one whole ride just to get dialed in with STI/Ergos. I take my 4 & 5mm hexes and stop and make adjustments as frequently as I need. Sometimes I nudge the bar...other times I nudge the shifters a bit. Usually after a week or so I'm dialed. If that helps cool. If not...no worries.

Best of luck to you
    Buy it and Ride it.
    Only if it has a high margin of utility