Sick of black stems, bars and posts - Help me find some nice silver jewelry
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2003

Sick of black stems, bars and posts - Help me find some nice silver jewelry

I'm in the process of selecting a custom steel frame builder. In the mean time I am looking at the bits and pieces to dress up the frame. I am tired of all the black stuff out there and on my current bike. Can anyone recommend a nice polished silver bar, stem, and seatpost combo? There seems to be alot of cheaper/heavier silver stuff out there, but I need something that is reasonably (but not sickly) light. I wish they made a silver ITM Millenium combo..

My best candidates so far are Thomson's polished silver stem and post (but I don't like their bent posts)

What else is there? I need some nice silver jewelry..

FWIW, I'll probably paint the frame and fork a frosty-silvery blue with silver logos. I'm thinking white bar tape, white saddle, silver bits, (yes, I know this will be a cleaning nightmare, but this is going to be my posh "Sunday" ride)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    I am completely out of touch with what's available these days, but I gotta say I like where you're going with this.

Please post some pic's when it's done.

eminence grease
    Wayne - I'm having the same thoughts. This package looks pretty attractive - the post is easy to find, I'm having the stem checked on.

http://www.redroseimports.com/rri_selcof_kit1.html

Thomson is one choice, but I really don't like their stem all that much. And, I almost always need a post with setback and I don't like theirs (either.)

There is always a Dura Ace post, an NOS Chorus or the current Centaur. There are also a couple of other posts - USE makes one in titanium, as do others.

Stems are harder. The only one I know of is that magnesium ITM that was popular a couple of years ago.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2003
    Thanks for the link. Those look very nice. I like the model 68X post. The white carbon stuff is a bit pricey

I found this stem on Nashbar, anyone have experience with it? (Truvativ Rouluer)

http://www.nashbar.com/profile_morei...u=13465&brand=

I think I saw a silver Deda 215 bar somewhere on the internet a while back...

Juanmoretime

Oval Concepts

www.ovalconcepts.com Excellent pricing can be found on them using www.bestbikebuys.com or www.qbike.com . I have one of their stems and like it much better than my Ritchey WCS. The front clamp has reverse bolt and is 40mm wide giving more support to your handlebars.
    For my next trick I will now set myself on fire!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002

Parts

I have a silver Performance quill stem and it looks and works great. I am having a hard time trying to find a silver non-ergo bar though. I want them with grooves front and back for cables.

My post is a Thomson setback. I don't like the way the back adjusting screw is almost all the way out to get the seat level. It is also a setback only when compared to Thomson's regular post. They put the clamp on top of the post instead of 25mm in back of it like all others do. My post's setback is 16mm so it is really less than my Centaur post was. I just never could get the Centaur level.