Size of hubs on 2010 Fuji Absolute 1.0 with disc brakes?
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007

Size of hubs on 2010 Fuji Absolute 1.0 with disc brakes?

Hi, I am trying to get a new rear wheel for my Redline Conquest with disc brakes (the frame takes a 130mm rear hub). I have been emailing a fella on Craigslist that is selling some disc specific wheels from his 2010 Fuji Absolute 1.0, but he does not know whether they were set up for 130 or 135. I looked on Fuji's website and even called their technical service rep and he couldn't tell me.

I've asked the seller to try to measure it from quick release to quick release, but haven't heard back. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    -Nick

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Anyone? If not, any suggestions on where I can get a suitable wheel for a decent price?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Almost certainly 135, since it's a hybrid.

I have a Trek Portland with disc brakes and 130mm spacing; I went through this recently too. You've got a few options, depending on what your "suitable" and "decent price" are.

The easiest is to get a complete wheel, or set, from Velocity. They have a 130mm disc hub and a built wheel with it is available from their web store.

White Industries makes a 130mm disc hub, the MI6-CX. Not sure what the deal is on availability, it was too much for me to spend and I didn't research it further.

You can use any 700C (or 29er, if it comes to it) wheel with a 135mm disc hub. Just shove it in there and then don't think about it too much. So, that would be the wheels from the Absolute, probably. This is basically what I ended up doing, except with a wheel I built around a MTB hub I had on hand.

You can buy the old rear hub from my Portland from me. It's for a 24 spoke paired-spoke rim, which is why I didn't build a wheel around it. Actually, I'd give it to you for shipping. You're committed to 24 spoke builds, though, which is why I decided not to reuse it. And you'll probably have some trouble figuring out the spoke sizing and lacing pattern if you're not doing paired. I called my local Trek shop and they say they can still get freehub bodies for it. You could have the whole wheel if you wanted, but I replaced it because I was putting cracks in the rim.

If it's the Conquest Classic, it's steel, and you can have the frame respaced so that a 135mm hub is the correct size.