Specialized saddle clamps

Printable View

• 01-02-2020
    runningman10000
    Specialized saddle clamps
    I have a new saddle that has 7x10mm rails. Does Specialized make clamps for this size rail? All I have been able to find is for 7x9mm. Bontrager makes them for their saddles but I haven't seen that size in Specialized. An off brand maybe that fits a Specialized seat post? Would the Bontrager ears fit a Specialized seat post?

Thank you.
  • 01-02-2020
    cxwrench
    I've never tried it but I kinda doubt that Bontrager ears will fit a Specialized post. I'd call a Specialized dealer and ask. Or buy a post that has top/bottom clamps and it won't matter as they will work with all rail dimensions...like a Thomson or Zipp.
  • 01-02-2020
    runningman10000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I've never tried it but I kinda doubt that Bontrager ears will fit a Specialized post. I'd call a Specialized dealer and ask. Or buy a post that has top/bottom clamps and it won't matter as they will work with all rail dimensions...like a Thomson or Zipp.

I will do that. I looked on Specialized wbsite and they advertise ears for 7x9mm which seems to match their biggest advertised saddle rail size. The seat post is pretty new and would like to keep it. I will call my LBS...