Specialized Zertz carbon seatpost
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    656

    Specialized Zertz carbon seatpost

    does anybody know how to adjust the angle of the saddle on the Specialized Zertz carbon seatpost, such as that found on the 2004 Allez Pro? i find that the nose of the saddle is pointed slightly upward, and i would like to level it out in order to make it more comfortable.

    thanks in advances. happy riding.

  2. #2

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    492
    Loosen the rear bolt. Then adjust the tilt with a 10mm open end wrench on the nut under the saddle on the front of the clamp. Re-tighten the rear bolt. You're done.

  3. #3
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reputation: old_fuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by hairscrambled View Post
    Loosen the rear bolt. Then adjust the tilt with a 10mm open end wrench on the nut under the saddle on the front of the clamp. Re-tighten the rear bolt. You're done.
    Thank Google I found this post! I wonder if the downward tilt on this seatpost is why I've always had saddle issues...
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

  4. #4
    Neophyte
    Reputation: jetdog9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,951
    I still have 2 bikes with this seatpost.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    21,277
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Thank Google I found this post! I wonder if the downward tilt on this seatpost is why I've always had saddle issues...
    And only 15 YEARS after it was posted. That's a long time for you to suffer with saddle issues that you couldn't just identify by looking at the bike and seeing that the saddle was tilted. Amazing.

  6. #6
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reputation: old_fuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Irons View Post
    And only 15 YEARS after it was posted. That's a long time for you to suffer with saddle issues that you couldn't just identify by looking at the bike and seeing that the saddle was tilted. Amazing.
    See, the downward tilt matched the one on my MTB saddle, so I thought I just had a history of picking really bad saddles. It wasn't until yesterday when I was attacking the bike with a torque wrench in preparation for the upcoming summer that I noticed the adjustment bolt at the front of the post, and said to myself "Golly gee, I wonder what this little thing does. Let me pull out my pocket-computer and ask a search engine."
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

Similar Threads

  1. Slipping carbon seatpost ?
    By WisconsinRacer in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM
  2. Please help a newbie pick a bike :D
    By macming in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:14 PM
  3. I'm excited about the Specialized Roubaix carbon fiber
    By the sky above, tar below in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:44 PM
  4. seatpost upgrade: ti. or carbon ?
    By TrailNut in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:19 AM
  5. How to ruin a carbon seatpost..
    By schimanski in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 09:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.