Sram etap shifter clamp
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

Sram etap shifter clamp

I want to replace the bolt on a red etap rim brake 11sp shifter clamp and not sure of the correct clamp. I bought the group used and noticed the head on one of the bolts was slightly stripped. I secured on the handle bar everything torqued up to spec. I changed the bar and when tightening got the dreaded spinning and no tightening. I got it to where it wont move but its not to spec. Any body know the correct clamp and can I leave everything in place and just replace the bolt? Thanks in advance.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Just look it up in the spare parts catalog. The bolt comes in a kit with the clamp. Google the part number.
    I don't know if you can buy it anywhere separately. Maybe from a SRAM dealer.
    In my experience, anytime you remove the clamp bolt, it's a real b!tch getting it back in. So don't expect to be able to do it in place.

https://www.sram.com/globalassets/do...pc---rev-i.pdf

https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/..._noembargo.pdf
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the reply. I have looked at those 2 catalog parts lists. Is this the part I need https://www.amazon.com/Sram-Shifter-...dp/B00EPGWNFK? Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    One can get a replacement bolt at a hardware store, but I don't think it's the bolt as you stated & if so, you'll need to take everything apart unless you retap to a bigger bolt in place.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    One can get a replacement bolt at a hardware store, but I don't think it's the bolt as you stated & if so, you'll need to take everything apart unless you retap to a bigger bolt in place.

Thanks for the reply.
    Its just the 5mm hex head on the bolt that is stripped. I have everything in position and semi tightened but not to 5nm spec and was hoping to just swap out the bolt. I guess I could take the bolt out and take to the hardware to match but I want to make sure I don't need anything "special" to make it work.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlrj View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Its just the 5mm hex head on the bolt that is stripped. I have everything in position and semi tightened but not to 5nm spec and was hoping to just swap out the bolt. I guess I could take the bolt out and take to the hardware to match but I want to make sure I don't need anything "special" to make it work.
    If this is the type of clamp you have, then they're just normal bolts. One difference is they are low profile head. You won't find those at a regular hardware store. A full size head might stick up a bit above the shifter. Try Ace Hardware, they have the best selection of metric hardware and will have these. And get them in stainless.
    Also, if this is the type of clamp you have, swapping it in place should work. And don't forget the Loctite.

If this is the type of clamp you have, you won't find them anywhere. They're not standard bolts. They're actually nuts (hollow bolts).
    This type of clamp springs open when you remove the 'bolt' making them difficult to get back in.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tlg View Post
    If this is the type of clamp you have, then they're just normal bolts. One difference is they are low profile head. You won't find those at a regular hardware store. A full size head might stick up a bit above the shifter. Try Ace Hardware, they have the best selection of metric hardware and will have these. And get them in stainless.
    Also, if this is the type of clamp you have, swapping it in place should work. And don't forget the Loctite.

If this is the type of clamp you have, you won't find them anywhere. They're not standard bolts. They're actually nuts (hollow bolts).
    This type of clamp springs open when you remove the 'bolt' making them difficult to get back in.
    Thanks for the help. I'll take the shifter off and see which one I have. I'm sure it will be the 2nd one just to give me added fun. lol...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rlrj View Post
    Thanks for the help. I'll take the shifter off and see which one I have. I'm sure it will be the 2nd one just to give me added fun. lol...
    Just an update. It was the 1st type of clamp, found a set online for $20 and replaced both sides. Very simple, I panicked for nothing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just for my future reference, what is the correct torque for this clamp on carbon bar?
    Thanks.
    rotate avatar left for correct road fit position

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rudge66 View Post
    Just for my future reference, what is the correct torque for this clamp on carbon bar?
    Thanks.
    On the sram tech manual it calls for 6-8nm. I used 5nm same as for the stem I'm using. Doesn't seem like it is going to move and I use 5nm on a set of di2 shifters on another bike same bar and they haven't moved in 4 years.

RoadBikeReview Member

Thumbs up

@ rlrj Thanks. Agree with backing off a bit too .
    rotate avatar left for correct road fit position