Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Synapse Crank Info

816 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Lombard 
#1 ·
Hi on a 2018 carbon flatbar, fun bike perfect for light trail/paved trail use and busting out on the road for some speed work.

Bare with me as i have tried to learn my way around the Cannondale cranksets, heck, a couple of days i didn't know if i was looking at an SL or an SI with, IMO, the awful logo's on the arms.

I have the entry level crank, an SI, non forged, non Hollogram. I really would like to upgrade this.

Is the next option up in the Cannondale line a Hollogram with a Spidering? What model is that, an SL?

And if so, that comes with a $7-800.00 price?

Would leaving the original crank and getting an 8 arm Spidering make a difference?

Is there another option on a crank someone would suggest, any thoughts on an FSA Sl-K light?

I would really like to leave it all Cannondale, but not at $800.00. What i don't want is to get something where i have to use a lot of adapters with the BB.

Thanks,

See less See more
#3 ·
My thoughts exactly. What is it about your existing crankset that you don't like? Do you have problems with shifting?

#5 ·
Bare with me....

Sorry, but no thanks. That only happens with immediate family or in the locker room at a public pool. Your invitation sounds much too personal and specific. Pervy might describe it. And what does stripping naked have to do with bike stuff?
:23:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kerry Irons again.

#9 ·
You posted a wall of text about cranks and asked questions about whether changing yours would 'make a difference?'. We asked what your desired end result was. Instead of replying w/ any type of info that would help us help you, you instead got butthurt.

Where do we send donations so you can afford to buy a sense of humor?

#10 ·
Easy there, dude! :cool: Kerry was making a harmless joke about your misspelling of the word "bear" which you spelled "bare". Welcome to the internet which can be a harsh place sometimes. As CX said, don't get butthurt so easily - seriously. Gawd, some people are so sensitive! It's not like anybody here insulted your bike. Now THAT would be going overboard!

BTW, welcome! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.