To tape or not to tape that is the question.....
    ride-a-holic

Question To tape or not to tape that is the question.....

Wing shape handlebars. Those who have them chime in.
    How far do you tape them. Just the drops, or just as far as the tape will reach? Just bought a set of ITM wing shapes. The tape will not reach all the up, so do most people buy more tape or just stop where yhe tape stops?
    Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience.
    Thomas Merton

Sep 2005

taping

Quote Originally Posted by ringroadwarrior
    Wing shape handlebars. Those who have them chime in.
    How far do you tape them. Just the drops, or just as far as the tape will reach? Just bought a set of ITM wing shapes. The tape will not reach all the up, so do most people buy more tape or just stop where yhe tape stops?
    i have the fsa wing and taped right to the drops and a bit over. no need to tape the flats as they are nice to look at and i don't even know that the tape would fit ptoperly. i wear gloves so its not an issue.

ride-a-holic

I think....

Quote Originally Posted by windcheater
    i have the fsa wing and taped right to the drops and a bit over. no need to tape the flats as they are nice to look at and i don't even know that the tape would fit ptoperly. i wear gloves so its not an issue.
    that is what I will do. Just on a dry run, the tape goes around the levers and maybe 1/4 the way onto the flat/wing area before it kinda looked a little goofy.
    Last edited by ringroadwarrior; 10-13-2005 at 01:31 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience.
    Thomas Merton

soulfly

Smile

I Also Have A Fsa Wing,i Taped Just The Drops. I Do Not Wear Gloves
    And Have No Problems.