Are there bike racks for factory racks (elongated shape) ?
    Tourist

Are there bike racks for factory racks (elongated shape) ?

I am familiar with the racks from Thule and Yakima, which mount on the Thule and Yakima cross bars and the Thule or Yakima footpods.

Now, I have a subaru with a bit elongated bars (thinned bur larger). Are there any bike mounts that can fit on this ??? I got a roof box from Yakima, it has a very convenient clamping system that makes it fit on any cross-bar, in particular on these flat ones. Does anybody make bike mounts with a similar design ??

Thanks !
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yakima does have adapters for different crossbars.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    rocky mounts makes one that should work well and is way cheaper than yakima/thule http://www.rockymounts.com/noose

Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carlhulit
    rocky mounts makes one that should work well and is way cheaper than yakima/thule http://www.rockymounts.com/noose
    +1
    Had em on my old Jeep Grand Cherokee...they are great racks...coo colors 2
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays. Impatience got me over countless mountain passes..."
    -Lance Armstrong

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    Performance bike also has a rack that is very well made and fits that style cross bar, they are made by InnoRV I think it is. I have a pair of them on my old bike hauler Ford Explorer and they are very nice, my neighbor has the Rockymounts, and they are nice for the money, but these Inno's are much nicer IMHO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _velodoc_
    +1
    Had em on my old Jeep Grand Cherokee...they are great racks...coo colors 2
    +2 Had them on a Subaru, but the Subie racks were curved so any rack attached to them resulted in the bikes sitting a little tilted. Not a big deal unless your obsessive-compulsive.