• 05-02-2019
    frdfandc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post

    I want one. Badly.
  • 05-02-2019
    SPlKE
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by frdfandc View Post
    I want one. Badly.

    I have one that I use when tightening brifters on CF handlebars.

    You don't want brifters slipping at the worst possible time.
  • 05-02-2019
    cxwrench
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    I have one that I use when tightening brifters on CF handlebars.

    You don't want brifters slipping at the worst possible time.

    :ciappa:
  • 05-02-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Chain lube? Did somebody say CHAIN LUBE?

    I just happen to know something about chain lube.

    Ask CX. Or look at one of his hundreds of posts where he shares my wisdom about chain lube.

    Or not.

    https://i123.photobucket.com/albums/...psqdjteicb.jpg

    I think that he might have decided that your wisdom is misdirected and quit spreading it. But we won't be positive until seeing a few more of his posts.
  • 05-02-2019
    cxwrench
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Why do you hate anti-seize? The stickiness? My shop always uses it on BB threads, but uses Phil grease on most other stuff.

    BTW, I'm replacing the drivetrain on a older (2002 Cannondale Jekyll) mountain bike which I bought used a few years ago. I removed the BB which looks like it's been sitting in the bottom of a pond. I'm really surprised I was able to get it loose since the threads seemed pretty dry and lots of rust in there which had to be from the BB (bike is aluminum).

    For whatever reason it's a mess. I can't stand anti-seize. I can't imagine what I might actually use it on...probably something Ti that gets really hot? Not a bike, grease works just fine.
  • 05-02-2019
    ogre
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    For whatever reason it's a mess. I can't stand anti-seize. I can't imagine what I might actually use it on...probably something Ti that gets really hot? Not a bike, grease works just fine.

    I use it on pedal spindles and BB threads. I also use it on contact points on car brakes between the brake pads and the calipers. I agree it's a mess and you gotta be careful.

    Eons from now when Planet of the Apes actually happens, one of those monkeys will find one of my bikes, take it apart, and get a dab of it on them, spreading it to all of his mates. That stuff never dries out.
  • 05-03-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    I use it on pedal spindles and BB threads. I also use it on contact points on car brakes between the brake pads and the calipers. I agree it's a mess and you gotta be careful.

    Eons from now when Planet of the Apes actually happens, one of those monkeys will find one of my bikes, take it apart, and get a dab of it on them, spreading it to all of his mates. That stuff never dries out.

    It's great for automotive use, 'specially where salt is used as a deicer during the winter months. But I can hardly look at it on the shelf without it somehow getting it on my fingers or cloths or somewhere.