• 03-20-2019
    BlackSquirrel
    Got in a ride today. Tires are great, very fast, and smooth.

Need to play with pressure a bit, I just set them at 60 for today.

Next ride I will try somewhere around 55 up front and 65 in the back.
  • 03-20-2019
    Alaska Mike
    All of my current bikes can't quite squeeze in 28s, but I try to add a little volume by running 25c tires on 23mm or 25mm rims. It's usually an issue with the brake bridge being slightly too low (rim brakes). If I could, I certainly would.

That said, the market for rim brake bikes has hit such a slump that I can now own framesets that were once out of my league. When magnetic braking becomes all of the rage, I'll take another swipe at the disc market.
  • 03-21-2019
    bvber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaska Mike View Post
    All of my current bikes can't quite squeeze in 28s, but I try to add a little volume by running 25c tires on 23mm or 25mm rims. It's usually an issue with the brake bridge being slightly too low (rim brakes). If I could, I certainly would.

But wouldn't that give you the light bulb shape cross section thus less aero?

Quote:

That said, the market for rim brake bikes has hit such a slump that I can now own framesets that were once out of my league. When magnetic braking becomes all of the rage, I'll take another swipe at the disc market.
    Then the industry will go back to rim braking except using magnetic force.