Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

women's saddles

907 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jksu 
#1 ·
Looking for the ideal women's saddle for long rides...

I personally fell in love with the Fizik Aliante and am looking for a similar saddle for a female friend of mine. Does anyone know of any females using the Fizik or any other saddle they would recommend for females? I've heard bad things about the specialized.

My friend's punani thanks you.

#2 ·
It's personal

Saddle preferences are personal. My wife likes traditional "men's" saddles and won't have anything to do with so-called women's units. Given this, blanket recommendations are pretty pointless. Also, there's a tendency for women's saddles to be quite wide, which may be totally inappropriate depending on a person's actual physical size.

#5 ·
fizik vitesse

the vitesse...

shaped like the aliante but wider. supposedly unisex...i got it for my wider ass, but it turns out my ass maybe wide but the sit bones are still pretty close together so stayed with my selle flite. the wider vitesse was cutting into my leg... but for a woman with wider hips this is one comfortable saddle. nice padding for the sit bones.

john

innatehealer said:
Looking for the ideal women's saddle for long rides...

I personally fell in love with the Fizik Aliante and am looking for a similar saddle for a female friend of mine. Does anyone know of any females using the Fizik or any other saddle they would recommend for females? I've heard bad things about the specialized.

My friend's punani thanks you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.