cinelli zydeco

Thread: cinelli zydeco

RoadBikeReview Member

cinelli zydeco

been looking at a new cross frame and came across the cinelli zydeco. looks pretty nice, but not much on it as far as reviews go. anyone have any experience with one? trying to decide between that or the salsa chili con crosso or the scott cx team. all nice lighter weight alum frames. i think the cinelli's fork is a little heavy, but i do have a alpha q cx20 here at the house that i could put on it if it became a problem.

any thoughts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    If I were going to pay for a non-budget aluminum frame I'd look for a carbon rear end, like Bailey or Van Dessel. But that's just me...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pretender
    If I were going to pay for a non-budget aluminum frame I'd look for a carbon rear end, like Bailey or Van Dessel. But that's just me...

not so sure about that. the carbon rear doesn't mean that it will be a better ride. the Van Dessel frame is a bit heavier (although, a very nice frame and worth a look), but just the carbon rear alone is not a "have to have"

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Fork is the standard boat anchor (740g) aluminum crown/steerer that comes on every mid priced bike. Heavy frame, heavy fork...blehhh. Ridley X-ride, Santa Cruz Stigmata or Salsa Chili are WAY better set ups for the money. If you like Ridley geometry (I do) the X-ride is a smokin race frameset.

Thom H
    Aug 2009
    What a terrible name for a bike. Like I get the Gin and Trombones but what does Zydeco have to do with cross? I listen to Zydeco music a couple times a week and totally love it, but with cross?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Is the Salsa frame actually lighter? I know the claimed weight is low but I have seen actual weights (online, so not sure how good they are) that put the Salsa up around the Cinelli.
    Cinelli is reported to be 1480g. Fork 680g.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    The salsa comes with an excellent Alpha Q CX20 fork (sad those are no longer made) that is one of the best CX forks you can buy. It's also over 200 grams lighter than the Cinelli fork.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That Cinelli looks like a tank. I'd get a Salsa Scandium frame in a second over it.
    I heart Cross.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2019
    Was looking for a Cinelli Zydeco review and stumbled upon this review! The Zydecos have maintained a pretty decent reputation over a pretty long time it seems!
    We currently have the Zydeco 'Any Colour You Like' on sale at just $1189.