Get it off, get it off, I'm on fire....

Jun 2003

Get it off, get it off, I'm on fire....

I just got back from a ride and I forgot my leg warmers so I used a friends warm up gel. It worked and now my legs are on fire!!!!! How doyou get this stuff off?? I used a towel and water and a little soap and got most of the gooey part off but my legs are still burning. Is there some kind of neutralizer?

Not Banned

alchohol

will cut through the oils. wipe down w/ rubbing alchohol then wash thouroughly

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    You also might have applied too much. When I first started using assorted fire goo on my legs, I slathered a ton on there, and it felt like napalm after the ride. Now I use less, and it's not so bad.

Important note: DO NOT EVER get this stuff on your nuts, even a little bit!

Important note #2: However, DO slather a bit on your buddy's chamoix before a ride, when he's not looking.

Cyclocross fool
    hey seamus, I see you're in NorCal too - where do you get your embrocations, and what do you like? Not many places seem to carry it . . .

Jun 2003

Yeah I used a lot

It was pretty cold so I did put alot on. It took a while for it to heat up but when it did, wow, el fuego.

I didn't have any alcohol so I just suffered for about 45 minutes and it slowly cooled off.

50ft. Queenie
    Quote Originally Posted by the seamus

Important note: DO NOT EVER get this stuff on your nuts, even a little bit!
    yeah...i learned that one the hard way...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenerd
    hey seamus, I see you're in NorCal too - where do you get your embrocations, and what do you like? Not many places seem to carry it . . .
    I work in Santa Cruz and live in Los Gatos, and even though we have a number of good shops around here, none of 'em seem to cary any embrocation stuff. Palo Alto bikes carries Sportsbalm, which is pretty good stuff. There's a shop in Milpitas that also carries it...Mike's Bikes, I think?

Anyway, the Sportsbalm is good stuff, but I'm looking for something even hotter for those really wet, nasty days. I have some Sixtufit stuff that I haven't tried yet, and I also hear good stuff about the Sportsbalm/Freddy's Choice line.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Cheap way to do it...

That stuff is so expensive. If your cheap like my friends, use ICY/HOT and vasoline. Works like a charm, or baby oil with IcyHot.
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the seamus
    I work in Santa Cruz and live in Los Gatos, and even though we have a number of good shops around here, none of 'em seem to cary any embrocation stuff. Palo Alto bikes carries Sportsbalm, which is pretty good stuff. There's a shop in Milpitas that also carries it...Mike's Bikes, I think?

Anyway, the Sportsbalm is good stuff, but I'm looking for something even hotter for those really wet, nasty days. I have some Sixtufit stuff that I haven't tried yet, and I also hear good stuff about the Sportsbalm/Freddy's Choice line.
    Is the Milpitas store called 'Sun Bike'? That's where I picked some of Freddy's Choice. Pretty warm stuff, after water hits it. Feels like the stuff I used to use for football in high school but back then, it was called 'Atomic Balm'.

Not Banned

my masseuse

gave me a heat creme called Sombra (health food stores), for sore muscles. I've used it for embrocation as well. Freddy's choice good as are the Born products which are a tad cheaper.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    ALL that stuff is expensive. Even Icy Hot, per ounce, is pretty pricey stuff. But on wet, cold days, I think it helps a little.