Mar 2004

Unofficial results for the men....

Elite men:

1st: JP
    2nd: Michael Mulleur (sp?)
    3rd: Greg Reain

Nov 2006

day 2

JP and swiss national champ michael muelleur once again showed their soul crushing abilities by promptly disposing of the rest of the field and riding the majority of the race off the front with a sizeable gap. nerac rider christopher jones and canadian national champion greg reain made solid efforts to stay with the leaders, and even put in a few attacks. in the end however, it was page's bright yellow kit and infinite supply of carbon, dugast equipped wheels, pimped out ridleys, and possibly his fitness and overall prowess on a cross bike that allowed him to dispose of everyone except mueller. unlike yesterday, where page got rid of mueller on the last lap with a solid acceleration and took the win easily after mueller took a slight fall trying to close the gap, todays race was capped off by an anticlimactic finish of page and meuller crossing the line while holding hands. like any normal euro crosser who had just flown across the atlantic to race in michigan rather than belgium would, page still made sure he crossed the line just ahead of mueller to secure the W.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    that sucks cause they both have a good sprint. i am sort of pissed they short changed people by not racing all the way to the line.

I dont think JP's fitness is as bad as the euros made it out to be after Erpe-Mere. He told me about the pre-race week he had, building bikes all night, etc. He sounded just tired and stressed.

Anyway, Vegas should be a ripper!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    who is this Mueller (sp?) guy? odd that another "Swiss National Champ" won the UCI races in WA this weekend. How many Swiss champs do we have in the states this week? Is Mueller going to Vegas?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Huele is the current Swiss National Champ. Mueller won the U23 title a few years back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

any pics??

Any pics from the race?
    Get this thing off my head!!!!!
    www.augustacrosscoalition.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zank
    Huele is the current Swiss National Champ. Mueller won the U23 title a few years back.
    What team is Mueller on now?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    the pages stayed with the meullers back in the day when JP was racing out of switzerland, and had not moved to the belgian circuit yet. The whole family (there are like dozens of them) race cross, etc. They are from Steinmauer, which is sort of a hotbed.

since then, michi has been coming to the US and staying with the pages or hamblens or whomever and racing on wheelworks/fiora frutti, etc.

he took a couple years off to do his mandatory military thing, and last year began his comeback to racing. seems to be pretty solid this year.

J

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteX
    What team is Mueller on now?
    Not sure.

EDIT: Oops. I should have looked at Jerry's post!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosovich
    Any pics from the race?
    A few local photog's were there taking pics. Here's a couple links:

Steve Balogh: http://sb.smugmug.com/gallery/3522593#199010785

Hans Nyberg (only has C's posted so far): http://tenmilemedia.smugmug.com/gall...1077#199652791

I raced in C (cat4) but forgot to bring my camera (oh... and the wife had me busy with other honey-do stuff) so I couldn't stick around to watch the Elite races.
    Randy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

thanks!

thanks for the link! now if they would just post results...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

Michigan Photos!

Loads of great photos up on this site.

Check out the right hand turn, left hand side, step through dismount at speed into log stair run up. Sweet. 5.7 degree of difficulty. Even the russian judge liked that one.

http://cycling.photos.us.com/p45302904.html

Good shooter, the site is full of nice shots.

Enjoy

J

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2006
    And dig those red shoes! Didja see those Rich-e? I think Lyne Bessette is using those this year, too.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

yah the red thing

i dunno about the red shoes...even e-richie has moved on to black. they do stand out I guess. i am going to withhold judgement until i sleep on it for a while...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007
    The race was really amazing. I have never seen riders at their level before, and it just blew me away. I was able to hang out all weekend and watch all the races. What a blast.

Here are a few pictures that I took on the first day.
    Intros

The start of the race

JP crossing the finish line.

Results are posted:
    http://www.tailwind.net/