Norcal Mens A Barrier videos bunny hopping
    RoadBikeReview Member

Norcal Mens A Barrier videos bunny hopping

hey there folks, i raced today at Granite Bay mens C and stayed around to watch the mens A race. I got some video of the top two guys duking it out. Ones the singlespeed national champ the other a former pro mtb. ie the bunny hopping.

edit: the video was not sped up or anything, thats really how fast they went through.

i got more videos but this will do for now...

http://www.youtube.com/?v=a_o3IHPQYug

http://www.youtube.com/?v=d5haNrSML5k

jeremy
    PlusOneLap.com: Online Cyclocross Magazine

NeoRetroGrouch
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyb
    hey there folks, i raced today at Granite Bay mens C and stayed around to watch the mens A race. I got some video of the top two guys duking it out. Ones the singlespeed national champ the other a former pro mtb. ie the bunny hopping.

edit: the video was not sped up or anything, thats really how fast they went through.

i got more videos but this will do for now...

http://www.youtube.com/?v=a_o3IHPQYug

http://www.youtube.com/?v=d5haNrSML5k

jeremy
    Looks like the guy doing the dismount/remount is getting away faster than the bunny hopper. - TF
    "Don't those guys know they're old?!!"
    Me, off the back, at my first 50+ road race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I agree the guy dismounting looks to be the faster he was probably using more energy in the long run but faster through the barriers.
    Bikes:
    Cyclocross bike '06 Lemond Poprad
    Road racing bike '06 Trek 5.2

Cyclocross fool
    Jeremy, don't you DARE put up any video you took of me on those barriers!
    I don't even want to see it!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I don't think he would have had a problem with higher barriers but the barriers are at least 12 cm too short.
    rule 5A10 - ... must be 40 cm high...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

Who won?

did Rich (SS) or Jason (mtb) win? Bummed I haven't been able to race the last two weeks ;(. At least I'll be out there next week, the wife is satisfied my arm is healed up.
    Roger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    did Rich (SS) or Jason (mtb) win? Bummed I haven't been able to race the last two weeks ;(. At least I'll be out there next week, the wife is satisfied my arm is healed up.
    Roger
    Rich led for most of the race then Jason caught and pulled away in the last two(?) laps. When I drove home after about ten miles I passed Rich either riding home or putting in more time on the singlespeed...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Talking Is your wife a doctor?

Roger
    My wife said "I'm putting on Thanksgiving dinner" I said "Have it late,I'm going to a cyclocross race"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

No, just the one I have to live with...

after the fact (of a crash and injury)! After I left a lot of blood at Folsom Point (Sac #3)and she came and picked me up from emergency, she wasn't too happy when the first thing I said was that I should be able to race in two weeks. She asked that I get clearance from the doc that a crash wouldn't split it open again, of course, the doc said it would and asked for me to wait one more week. For the good of my marriage I waited through this weekend...At least I rode my road bike this weekend...

Roger (six days till my next cx race)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Thumbs up Road ride on a nice fall day

after the fact (of a crash and injury)! After I left a lot of blood at Folsom Point (Sac #3)and she came and picked me up from emergency, she wasn't too happy when the first thing I said was that I should be able to race in two weeks. She asked that I get clearance from the doc that a crash wouldn't split it open again, of course, the doc said it would and asked for me to wait one more week. For the good of my marriage I waited through this weekend...At least I rode my road bike this weekend...

Roger (six days till my next cx race)
    A road ride ,or a mountain bike ride. on a nice fall day. can't be beat. cycloX for me is so intense that sometimes on about the third lap I'm wishing that I was on a nice winding relaxing road. The feeling at the end of a tough race though is incredible as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    OK you "way" Norcal riders. Looks like I'm at Condon Park for C's on 10/30 since I'll be in Roseville for a Halloween party. How's that course?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder
    OK you "way" Norcal riders. Looks like I'm at Condon Park for C's on 10/30 since I'll be in Roseville for a Halloween party. How's that course?

yeah id like to know too, ive never raced there before.

Frank---i do have a video of you going through the barriers in practice---you sure you dont want it?

jeremy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004

Lots of climbing, loamy

and quick descents. MTB friendly course. They had a triple barrier up hill last year, and then a very fast double barrier. There's also one short pavement section (it's a lil longer on the start which is uphill).

Very very fun course.

Cyclocross fool
    yeah id like to know too, ive never raced there before.
    Frank---i do have a video of you going through the barriers in practice---you sure you dont want it?
    jeremy
    Well, you can send it directly to me, but if you post it here I'll never be able to show my face at a NorCal race again - I don't exactly get through the barriers like Rich Maile.

Condon Park was really fun last year, lots of up & down hill, tight turns in pine needles and manzanita, a couple of near-vertical drops and matching runups. Fun! I'm bummed I can't go 'cause I'll be in Colorado.

RoadBikeReview Member
    ok frank no prob.

but....heres 2 better videos i think, than the ones i posted yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/?v=--z_KvU0vNs

http://www.youtube.com/?v=TOFXwKCfnVE

jeremy

RoadBikeReview Member
    I prefer the dismount. More stylie...

vegan wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer
    I don't think he would have had a problem with higher barriers but the barriers are at least 12 cm too short.
    rule 5A10 - ... must be 40 cm high...
    check this one out from the san diego race last weekend. it's a pretty big hop.

http://www.printroom.com/Viewgallery...99&image_id=85

Perpetual Three
    agreed.