Price Point (Sette) carbon frameset.
    Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004

Price Point (Sette) carbon frameset.

Knew this was coming down the pipe. Looks very familiar, anybody seen this one before with someone elses logo?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/209...s-Frameset.htm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Looks like all internal cable routing. 2 on the top tube, 1 down the downtube. Tapered head tube. Looks nice. I haven't seen another carbon cross bike like that. Maybe the new Van Dessel?

Old, slow, and fat.
    I have one of their AL mtn frames. Good stuff.

I'd buy one
    I've moved back to NoVA. PLEASE change the weather!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Sorry to reopen an old thread but really interested in this frame and then I noticed the bb height. 9.8". This puts the drop at least around 85. This seems really odd. Anyone know what's going on there?

Thanks

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by olapequena
    Sorry to reopen an old thread but really interested in this frame and then I noticed the bb height. 9.8". This puts the drop at least around 85. This seems really odd. Anyone know what's going on there?

Thanks
    Methinks somebody at Price Point got the dimensions wrong.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRivet
    Knew this was coming down the pipe. Looks very familiar, anybody seen this one before with someone elses logo?

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/209...s-Frameset.htm
    Who else's logo? That's one of the few carbon frames that would actually fit me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2009
    Well, I'm answering my own question. Pricepoint emailed me a few minutes ago and:

BB Drop= 65
    BB Height with 32's = 11 3/4

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    The fork looks like Ridley's Python no?

TWD
    Quote Originally Posted by jroden
    Who else's logo? That's one of the few carbon frames that would actually fit me.
    Dang that geometry is just about perfect for me too. Pretty darn close to the custum steel rig I'm riding now.

I bought one of their Al hardtail 29er frames as a stop-gap (between race bikes), and it's been great, I've gotten tons of positive comments on it at the races. I call it my $200 special (with a lot of nice parts hung on it). Decided to keep it for a while.

If this one was about $200 cheaper, I'd buy it in an instant. Still waiting to hear final word on team bike sponsor for this year (which sadly looks like it'll be too late for cross season) and I think that $$ is already earmarked for a couple of sets of tubular wheels/tires I'm planning on building up.

Of course, the wife is on vacation visiting the in-laws for about a month, she'd never even see that extra $900 on the CC bill
    All in all, at the end of the day, it is what it is....just sayin'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Looks a bit like a Blue Norcross to me...

http://rideblue.com/norcrosssl.php

lung lacking loser
    Methinks somebody at Price Point got the dimensions wrong.
    Wouldn't be the first time. Saw this while checking out the frame (in teh description for the Tektro CX9 mini-v)

"Weight is 160g per wheel complete. If math isnít your forte, that adds up to 300g for a complete set. "

For those of us that math is our forte, it adds up to 320g for a complete set.

RoadBikeReview Member
    am waiting for the price of asian made full carbon 'cross frames to drop to less that $500.

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by velociped jones
    am waiting for the price of asian made full carbon 'cross frames to drop to less that $500.
    Every carbon cross frame is made in Asia. Name me one that isn't? Parlee and Crumpton don't count.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    i wish many of the frames did not take a 2cm jump right between the largest and second largest size, I'm right between in a lot of lines and at 6 foot 1 inch am hardly an abnormal size rider in my desire for a 58.5 top tube on a cross bike.

The pricepoint frame sizing would be perfect, but my local shop can't order that thing wholesale I assume and I want to support my shops here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Every carbon cross frame is made in Asia. Name me one that isn't? Parlee and Crumpton don't count.
    calfee (hee hee). $1900 for a u.s. made frame with a lifetime warranty. not too shabby.

Good news everyone!
    I too will wait for the price to come down to the sub 500 range like the other carbon road frames that are probably made in the same factory as the Sette...

Do not touch the trim.
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I too will wait for the price to come down to the sub 500 range like the other carbon road frames that are probably made in the same factory as the Sette...
    Don't hold your breath. Pricing is based on economy of scale...the more you buy the cheaper you get them for and the cheaper you can sell them. Cyclocross bikes are NEVER going to reach the popularity and sales numbers of road bikes.