Seattle Scene?

Thread: Seattle Scene?

Oct 2003

Seattle Scene?

Hi,

New to the Seattle area (relatively) and fairly new to cross. Just started to train a couple of years ago when I had to drop out due to injury. Thinking about getting back into it now and am wondering what the local Seattle scene is for folks with next to zip in the experience catagory. Local training? Group rides? I know the Portland scene has a bunch of beginner clinics, etc. Anything like that up here?

Aug 2004
    Hey , I also live in Seattle and just recently got my first cross bike.I am considering racing this year and have found some info on local race series. Check these out. www.marymoorvelodrome.org and www.crosscrusade.com . As far as training, I know there are a few bike clubs that offer road rides almost every day of the week. Myself I've just been hitting some of the great local parks we've got here mostly west seattle. Shoot me an email if you want to ride. I go almost daily. -Zak

Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_e
    Hi,

New to the Seattle area (relatively) and fairly new to cross. Just started to train a couple of years ago when I had to drop out due to injury. Thinking about getting back into it now and am wondering what the local Seattle scene is for folks with next to zip in the experience catagory. Local training? Group rides? I know the Portland scene has a bunch of beginner clinics, etc. Anything like that up here?
    Last year there was a weekly after work training race series held under the lights at Marymoor. Not sure if that will be happening this year. Good chance there will be some informal races at the SeaTac parks.