Your Cross Rigs: Post em up! - Page 32
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Going Disc

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

So far so good, the tubeless setup with the WTB Cross Boss is surprisingly reliable. NO burps, ever, running 25 psi.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Gravel and off road, not really cross but fits here better than anywhere else I think. Niner RLT9.jpg
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005

My new CX ride

Can't wait to hit some CX courses here soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2006
    Wife's new whip, please excuse the bottle cage for now

Mine in training mode:

We normally hate having matching bikes... but when I bought mine late this year, Specialized only had orange frames left. So be it. I'd do pretty much anything to avoid the disaster that is the 2016 Crux.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My new rig, staying on cantis. Way stiffer than the old ridley crossbow its replacing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    I have the same TCX. Love the bike but so much creaking from the seat tube (I assume its the wedge thing) and the bottom bracket area. Are you having the same issues?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Packing up for the race and I thought I'd grab a pic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Hey Brentos - Super nice looking yellow Norco! Is that a 2016? Did you buy the frameset separate and build it up?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013

Soma Double Cross

Nice bikes I have seen around in this sub forum. Thank you for all the inspirational builds. Here is the current rendition of my Soma Double Cross graphite (bought as a frameset in June 2014, and built with pre-existing components). I chose to get the black steel fork to make it look classic yet sporty. Just upgraded to a handbuilt wheelset (H+ Son Archetype with Dura Ace 9000 hubs and Sapim spokes, by Velomine) for durability. The previous wheelset, American Classic Victory 30, was too worn out and aged, timely for replacement. As this is the only bike I own, it is utilized for commuting (with backpack) and group riding on the roads over the weekends, and only yesterday was it tested on a real gravel road. Next upgrades would be a stiffer crankset (Rotor 3D30 on the way), and a carbon fork in the not-so-near future. Cheers!
    Last edited by M_senjaya; 10-11-2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Uploading pics

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Here I am putting my 2015 Giant TCX SLR 1 thru the paces. Been hammering this bike and it has been a blast now that I have the setup nailed down.

2015 Giant TCX Advanced 1
    2014 Giant Propel Advanced Di2
    2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5-1
    2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL4

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by velobob View Post
    Hey Brentos - Super nice looking yellow Norco! Is that a 2016? Did you buy the frameset separate and build it up?
    Thanks, it is a 2015. It was a leftover frameset and they were selling at reduced cost. Built it up with the parts of my choice. I finally decided to go disc brake because I was having a hard time finding good tubeless rim brake wheels.

So far so good, it is a great bike, rides smoothly and tracks really well across rough ground. The only gripe I have is that Norco runs short head tubes, so I had to size up to avoid inches of spacers under the stem. It's OK though, as I generally prefer shorter stems (blame my mountain bike background)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2015
    Foundry Cycles Auger. Carbon frame, Whiskey No. 7 fork, Rival, BB7s, etc.

My first carbon frame bike, and i'm loving it. Plus clearance for Surly Knard 41s!

here's a few non-action shots of the X1.. love this bike and how non flashy they made it...

Not a climber
    Picked up this Fuji Cross 1.3 this week. Couldn't get into a local race at the last minute, as it was completely full, but rode the course 4-5 times and loved every minute of it.

Then the stem felt loose, so I tightened up the headset preload which didn't help much. When I got home to check things out in depth, the whole headset came apart. Back to Performance Bike I go...

Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte View Post
    here's a few non-action shots of the X1.. love this bike and how non flashy they made it...

A friend of mine just got that same bike and half his team has it as well. Looks so good, wish I had the cash to drop on it. I took it around a trail a few times and it rides so nice.

too bad on that headset. it may sound insulting which is not the intention but did you loosen the stem bolts before tightening the preload? if not, save yourself some anguish and do that, tightening the stem bolts after the preload adjustment. I can't imagine the headset blew up that fast so its likely a matter of putting it back together and just snugging things up. Loads easier than sending a bike back in for sure. PM me if any of that seem vague and we can walk through it. Glad you had fun on it and that color is killer!

Not a climber
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte View Post
    too bad on that headset. it may sound insulting which is not the intention but did you loosen the stem bolts before tightening the preload? if not, save yourself some anguish and do that, tightening the stem bolts after the preload adjustment. I can't imagine the headset blew up that fast so its likely a matter of putting it back together and just snugging things up. Loads easier than sending a bike back in for sure. PM me if any of that seem vague and we can walk through it. Glad you had fun on it and that color is killer!
    Thanks and yeah I did loosen the stem first. I think the carbon headtube compression fitting wasn't tight enough and when I cranked down on the preload bolt, it pulled the fitting up. So the preload bolt bottomed out and when I removed it, it pulled out the compression fitting bolt as well and the bottom part of the fitting fell into the fork...

Took it into the shop and was able to get all the parts out and the comp fitting back together. Looks like everything is straight now, but I'll have to give it a decent ride to make sure. Might spend a few extra dollars and get a better compression fitting just to be safe.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by motolombardo View Post
    I have the same TCX. Love the bike but so much creaking from the seat tube (I assume its the wedge thing) and the bottom bracket area. Are you having the same issues?
    I have the TCX Advanced Pro 2 with a custom build and haven't had any creaking from the seattube since I put some carbon paste on it after my first week of owning the bike.... did you try that? I've had some occasional BB sounds but nothing compared to my road bikes with BB30s/PF30 BBs.....I atteribute most of the BB sounds I've had to undertightening the Sram cranks....a few times I've taken them offf, wiped sand off the spindles, regreased then reinstalled and its always quiet after!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Okay, here's mine, pretty humble by comparison to some here, but I'm loving it. Not racing this year, but I'll be putting it and my lungs to the test next season. For now here we are with trail dust.

Charge.jpg

Okay, nothing humble about that wheelset, Chorus (titanium freehub?!) hubs, Seoul 88 rims and I love the Schwalbes. Mirage 9s shifts and ders, great cheap Tektro brakes, D/A 7410 cranks, the narrow ones and stuff I had around.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Here's mine. Just finished up my first full season racing - great times all around!

Attachment 311062
    Last edited by ddave12000; 12-09-2015 at 07:15 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005

Kona Major Jake

Here's my contribution, its the middle of summer here, but will hopefully be crossing on this thing this winter

2001 or 2003 Kona Major Jake
    1x9 with a mix if Tiagra/LX drivetrain

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2002

Here is another one!

My Cross rig.

RoadBikeReview Member
    image.jpg

Finally my 2016 S-Works Crux has arrived, Shimano R785/XTR Di2 build with XTR M9000 calipers, Wolftooth CX Chainring, Roval Control SL/DT Swiss 240 Wheels and without SCS!!!

image.jpg

Standard DT Swiss 240S hubs (12x100mm & 12x135mm) with Specialized Non-SCS Hanger.

image.jpg
    Last edited by steelisreal2; 02-19-2016 at 06:45 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Redline Conquest Disc.jpg

Frame: Redline Conquest Team
    Fork: Easton EC90 XD Fork
    Wheelset: Stan's notubes Grails
    Brakes: TRP Hy/Rd Disc Brakes
    Tires: WTB Cross Boss (Tubeless)
    Cassette: SRAM 12-32
    Crank: Force CX1 170 w/ 40T
    Derailleur: Rival 1 Medium
    Seatpost: Easton EC70
    Saddle: Arione
    Handlebars: 3T Ergonova
    Tape: Lizard
    Shifters: Rival (single modification for front)
    Pedals: Candy's

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Now with matchy matchy decals. Great riding bike, I'm impressed.

IMG_1601.jpg

Lots of detail photos and full review here: Roosters Biker's Edge Cycling - News

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Almost done.
    Alan Carbon Cross X33.jpg
    Should be done next week, can't wait. It will be joining my work horse.
    Bianchi Ti Mega Tube.jpg
    Finally done
    Last edited by mackgoo; 03-05-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Add finished picture

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 LastLast