Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!

471K views 839 replies 422 participants last post by  floridave 
#1 · (Edited)
Threw some slick tubies on until cross season. Can't wait!

Size 60. 17.5lbs. Except for the tire swap and the egg beaters, this thing is stock, right out of the box.

Still gotta dial it in and chop some steer tube etc.. Still deciding on cross tires as well.

See less See more
#27 ·
I ordered this titanium custom crosser from Jim Kish at the end of 2009 and have it set up for the road currently. It's outfitted with Campy Athena 11 and I just changed the brakes to FSA SLK cantis (were Paul's touring).

I alternate between this and a Serotta cross. It has eyelets for racks so it can be used as a light touring bike too.

#28 ·
Corndog said:
I think that will be a good combo anyhow. Last year I ran that setup a couple times... and have actually used an SSC on the back with a Rhino on the front quite a lot. Just like on a MTB.... it's nice to have a faster rolling tire in the rear and a bit more bite up front.
That's certainly the idea, yes. I had planned to have a full pair of each (I also have a pair of rhinos and file treads) and would be able to mix and match anywhere from file tread to rhino and in between as needed, but I ended up passing along one of each to someone so we could both run this pairing rather than having to decide who gets what pair.

I guess I will have 9 possible front/rear combos this year instead of 6. Not that all 9 will get used... I don't anticipate running Rhino rear / file tread front much :p Probably lots of Gripo front / SSC rear and Rhino/Rhino, with SSC Sprint f/r on dry flat courses and Gripo front / SSC Sprint rear when it's dry but more grip is needed.

#32 ·
Scott Addict CX RC 2010

Posted this in the 2009 thread. Should have been here. Just put this bike together and have ridden it a few times. So far so good. Although there are some pretty standard stuff such as bar/stem it weighs 6,78 as pictured which I'm really happy with. Spec is mostly Campy Chorus, TRP EuroX carbon brakes, custom wheels on Bontrager XXX lite rims etc.
View attachment 202979

#38 ·
veloduffer said:
I ordered this titanium custom crosser from Jim Kish at the end of 2009 and have it set up for the road currently. It's outfitted with Campy Athena 11 and I just changed the brakes to FSA SLK cantis (were Paul's touring).

I alternate between this and a Serotta cross. It has eyelets for racks so it can be used as a light touring bike too.

That is gorgeous, too pretty too 'cross?

#41 ·
I guess I will post up my odd ball. Its a '10 GT GTR Type CXi. I am in the process of reducing the in your face red massacre to more of a tasteful red accent. Just changing the tires and replacing the MTB seat it came with helped a lot. Eventually I will have to post up its new look.

Some of the features of it are a Kinesis frame, Easton EA50 cockpit, Easton EC70 fork, and SRAM rival drivetrain.

View attachment 204252

#48 ·
Which one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.