• 05-26-2010
    fishit
    Your Cross Rigs: Post em up!
    Threw some slick tubies on until cross season. Can't wait!

Size 60. 17.5lbs. Except for the tire swap and the egg beaters, this thing is stock, right out of the box.

Still gotta dial it in and chop some steer tube etc.. Still deciding on cross tires as well.

https://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/aa2.jpg

https://my.project-jk.com/data/500/medium/ab.jpg
  • 05-27-2010
    fatmarc
    okay, I'm game
    my new ride can be seen here.

respect.
    fm
    www.fatmarc.com
  • 05-27-2010
    Corndog
    That C-dale is hot!

I'm hoping to have my Hot Tubes back from Toby in the next week or so. It's been gone so long it will feel like a new bike ;)

I'm hoping to raise enough funds to order another one sometime this year.

The old bank accounts are still recovering from last year when my wife got a Vagen and I got the Hot Tubes :)
  • 05-27-2010
    pretender
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fishit
    17.5lbs. Except for the tire swap and the egg beaters, this thing is stock, right out of the box.

For the price I would expect it to be light?
  • 05-27-2010
    fishit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pretender
    For the price I would expect it to be light?

Good point. Team bike. I couldn't have afforded/justified retail price.
  • 05-27-2010
    Kram
    Mine will be the same as last yr. And the yr before.......
    Probably switching to 2 rings up front and a new saddle and bar tape. Yea. Big news.
  • 05-27-2010
    lousylegs
    um, i put a 20 year old crank on my bike, does that mean it counts as new?
  • 05-27-2010
    Dajianshan
    Maybe I'll change the bar tape.
  • 05-27-2010
    Kram
    "New to you":thumbsup:
  • 05-28-2010
    Coolhand
    Just ok'ed the geometry on my new crosser. Otherwise its still a pile of parts. :)
  • 05-28-2010
    Kram
    Custom? Who's the builder?
  • 05-28-2010
    Coolhand
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kram
    Custom? Who's the builder?

Vanilla- I got one of the custom Speedvagens on order. Got fitted by Sacha at the new shop the first week of May. Going to retire my 4 year old Orbea to pit/trainer duty.
  • 05-28-2010
    Kram
    Nice:thumbsup:
  • 05-28-2010
    availpunk9
    Fatmarc, loving the head badge bling =)
  • 05-30-2010
    joelankeny
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PC1Of4lTX...0/122_0120.JPG
    This is the setup as it appeared during the Snowpocalypse of 2010 and as it will most likely be raced this year. After the 2009 cross season I tore the whole bike apart and made it a bit more race worthy. The only thing I have left to do is cut the steerer tube. For the upcoming season I'll be running Challenge Grifo 32's on the primary wheelset (seen here) and Maxxis Raze on the spare set
  • 05-31-2010
    interlake
    5 Attachment(s)
    Here is my new ride for this year. My first cross bike as well. weighs 19.8 lbs in pictures. stock except for xt pedals and GP4000 tires. riding this as a road bike until this fall, and it compliments my xc training nicely.
  • 06-01-2010
    Durt
  • 06-09-2010
    jasper9
    Ordered the frame, can't wait for the fall!

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022...93779b06d1.jpg
  • 06-09-2010
    misterdangerpants
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ready to roll.

Attachment 202251
  • 06-09-2010
    jmoote
    Last year's rig has no wheels at the moment since all the tubulars have yet to be glued, needs new brake pads and has had its pulley poached for another bike. Soon enough I'll get that back together and get photos up.

New for this year will be a Blue Norcross, for which I should have the frame and most parts by the weekend.

For now, half of my new wheelset:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042...eaaaa23f66.jpg
    (click for full size)
  • 06-10-2010
    fishit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoote

*droool*
  • 06-10-2010
    Corndog
    Quote:

Last year's rig has no wheels at the moment since all the tubulars have yet to be glued, needs new brake pads and has had its pulley poached for another bike. Soon enough I'll get that back together and get photos up.

New for this year will be a Blue Norcross, for which I should have the frame and most parts by the weekend.

For now, half of my new wheelset:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042...eaaaa23f66.jpg
    (click for full size)

Those FMB racing Ralph tubies? I ran the 32mm last year and they were awesome. Thinking about snagging some 34mm's this year.
  • 06-10-2010
    jmoote
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Corndog
    Those FMB racing Ralph tubies? I ran the 32mm last year and they were awesome. Thinking about snagging some 34mm's this year.

Yes, 34. I only have one though (long story, but I was supposed to end up with a pair). I'll have it matched with a SSC tread on the back.
  • 06-10-2010
    unclefuzzy_ss
    rollers? in the summer? wtf?
  • 06-11-2010
    CrossClimber
    In what kind of terrain/conditions this tubes is awesome ?
  • 06-11-2010
    Corndog
    Quote:

Yes, 34. I only have one though (long story, but I was supposed to end up with a pair). I'll have it matched with a SSC tread on the back.

I think that will be a good combo anyhow. Last year I ran that setup a couple times... and have actually used an SSC on the back with a Rhino on the front quite a lot. Just like on a MTB.... it's nice to have a faster rolling tire in the rear and a bit more bite up front.
  • 06-11-2010
    veloduffer
    I ordered this titanium custom crosser from Jim Kish at the end of 2009 and have it set up for the road currently. It's outfitted with Campy Athena 11 and I just changed the brakes to FSA SLK cantis (were Paul's touring).

I alternate between this and a Serotta cross. It has eyelets for racks so it can be used as a light touring bike too.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2711...1b5b2a95_b.jpg
  • 06-11-2010
    jmoote
    Quote:

I think that will be a good combo anyhow. Last year I ran that setup a couple times... and have actually used an SSC on the back with a Rhino on the front quite a lot. Just like on a MTB.... it's nice to have a faster rolling tire in the rear and a bit more bite up front.

That's certainly the idea, yes. I had planned to have a full pair of each (I also have a pair of rhinos and file treads) and would be able to mix and match anywhere from file tread to rhino and in between as needed, but I ended up passing along one of each to someone so we could both run this pairing rather than having to decide who gets what pair.

I guess I will have 9 possible front/rear combos this year instead of 6. Not that all 9 will get used... I don't anticipate running Rhino rear / file tread front much :p Probably lots of Gripo front / SSC rear and Rhino/Rhino, with SSC Sprint f/r on dry flat courses and Gripo front / SSC Sprint rear when it's dry but more grip is needed.
  • 06-11-2010
    Keepthemdead
    Awesome bike Veloduffer.
  • 06-11-2010
    rwatt
    I guess I will post mine, it is nothing special just a Norco CCX, but I'm just a newb to cross. The wheels and tubulars came from jmoote's stockpile, can't wait to try them out this season.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../IMG_2923a.jpg
  • 06-11-2010
    killsoft
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rwatt
    I guess I will post mine, it is nothing special just a Norco CCX, but I'm just a newb to cross. The wheels and tubulars came from jmoote's stockpile, can't wait to try them out this season.

You can win on that bike.

KS
  • 06-18-2010
    Peter_E
    1 Attachment(s)
    Scott Addict CX RC 2010
    Posted this in the 2009 thread. Should have been here. Just put this bike together and have ridden it a few times. So far so good. Although there are some pretty standard stuff such as bar/stem it weighs 6,78 as pictured which I'm really happy with. Spec is mostly Campy Chorus, TRP EuroX carbon brakes, custom wheels on Bontrager XXX lite rims etc.
    Attachment 202979
  • 06-22-2010
    aplitt86
    Only pic I have...Gonna pick up or build a new set of wheels for race season, but other than that, will race it the way it is...minus the 52t ring of course.

http://technetic.org/upload/files/20...4 13.39.45.jpg
  • 06-28-2010
    mtb_frk
    4 Attachment(s)
    Just picked this up over the weekend. Couldnt be happier with how it turned out.
  • 06-28-2010
    Opus51569
    And if you get bored while riding, you can play guitar on the top tube...:)

Very nice!
  • 06-28-2010
    Corndog
    Sweet Seven, but please do something with those spacers and -17* stem :)
  • 06-28-2010
    gormleyflyer2002
    OMG, im lovin that Seven......how long is the steerer tube, just curious how tall you are ?
  • 06-29-2010
    BadBoyNY
    Quote:

Originally Posted by veloduffer
    I ordered this titanium custom crosser from Jim Kish at the end of 2009 and have it set up for the road currently. It's outfitted with Campy Athena 11 and I just changed the brakes to FSA SLK cantis (were Paul's touring).

I alternate between this and a Serotta cross. It has eyelets for racks so it can be used as a light touring bike too.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2711...1b5b2a95_b.jpg

That is gorgeous, too pretty too 'cross?
  • 06-29-2010
    fishit
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BadBoyNY
    That is gorgeous, too pretty too 'cross?

Agreed, and as great as that frame is, its the fork that's doing it for me.
  • 06-29-2010
    Howzitbroke
    Not a single comment on the Rhygin Metax yet!!! That is a seriouly cool ride imo. Of course a Kish and Seven like the two above are spotlight stealers.
  • 06-30-2010
    D_K
    1 Attachment(s)
    I guess I will post up my odd ball. Its a '10 GT GTR Type CXi. I am in the process of reducing the in your face red massacre to more of a tasteful red accent. Just changing the tires and replacing the MTB seat it came with helped a lot. Eventually I will have to post up its new look.

Some of the features of it are a Kinesis frame, Easton EA50 cockpit, Easton EC70 fork, and SRAM rival drivetrain.

Attachment 204252
  • 07-01-2010
    mtb_frk
    Quote:

Sweet Seven, but please do something with those spacers and -17* stem :)

Yeah the stem was flipped the wrong way. :thumbsup:

gormleyflyer2002
    The headtube is about 9" or so I think. I am 6'2"-6'3". I cant wait to put some tubies on it and get out on a course. It rides really nice, quite a bit different from my orbea.
  • 07-06-2010
    avalnch33
    1 Attachment(s)
    Crux
    Still building, but wanted to get a first shot up. This bike is AWESOME!
  • 07-06-2010
    OnTheRivet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by avalnch33
    Still building, but wanted to get a first shot up. This bike is AWESOME!

That Crux frameset looks worlds better than the Tricross in my opinion.
  • 07-06-2010
    whambat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheRivet
    That Crux frameset looks worlds better than the Tricross in my opinion.

yeah, the tricross always looked a little ghey IMO. The crux looks nice.
  • 07-07-2010
    HMBAtrail
  • 07-07-2010
    rwatt
    The Norco I posted earlier has been replaced. This one has a lot more awesome.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_3600.jpg
  • 07-08-2010
    Kram
    Which one?
  • 07-08-2010
    Chagrin
  • 07-09-2010
    rwatt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kram
    Which one?

Mine? Apologies if the picture did not show up.
    It's a Stevens Super Prestige built up with Dura-Ace and Ritchey WCS components. Picked it up used for a deal I couldn't refuse.