So LeMond was "clean"?? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
Results 276 to 290 of 290
  1. #276
    flinty-eyed moderator
    Reputation: Coolhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    Good pt.
    Not to mention watching it in HD! Heck I would probably watch for the helicopter shots of the French countryside in HD alone. What a beautiful country.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

  2. #277
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: bikerjulio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,492
    Piece in today's Toronto Sun about Bauer & new team had this:



    We just don’t realize the most significant moments of our lives when they’re happening
    Back then I thought “well there'll be other days”
    I didn’t realize that was the only day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yrupye7B0

    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?
    One.
    So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

  3. #278
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: pedalruns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio
    Piece in today's Toronto Sun about Bauer & new team had this:



    Thanks for posting! Nice to see the Greg Lemond reference by Bauer on winning clean.

  4. #279
    always right sometimes
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,832
    Bauer and LeMond are BOTH dopers Who fricken' knows at this point?? By Bauer stating this, it "removes" any suspicion that he himself doped. Preeeetttty clever..

    "How can anyone be so stupid to dope...?" Come on. Really?

  5. #280
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ultimobici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    Bauer and LeMond are BOTH dopers Who fricken' knows at this point?? By Bauer stating this, it "removes" any suspicion that he himself doped. Preeeetttty clever..

    "How can anyone be so stupid to dope...?" Come on. Really?
    You don't give up do you?

  6. #281
    always right sometimes
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimobici
    You don't give up do you?

    huh? ditto x ten
    Last edited by rydbyk; 01-24-2011 at 06:19 PM.

  7. #282
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: pedalruns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    Bauer and LeMond are BOTH dopers Who fricken' knows at this point?? By Bauer stating this, it "removes" any suspicion that he himself doped. Preeeetttty clever..

    "How can anyone be so stupid to dope...?" Come on. Really?
    LOL.... Really..... funny to read your grasping at straws stuff... LOL...

  8. #283
    always right sometimes
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,832
    Please explain how you and ultimoduchi seem to "know" about what has transpired in cycling's past.

    I said "Who knows at this point?" That would imply me NOT knowing. At least I have the capability to accept that I do not know.

    My money is where my mouth is. IMO LeMond doped. Deal with it. God forbid someone disagrees with either of you two moreons..

    "LOL" What...are you ten?

    Hey Pedalruns...didn't you say this: "I'm a novice at doing my own work,..." Nuff said...rookie
    Last edited by rydbyk; 01-24-2011 at 07:22 PM.

  9. #284
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ultimobici's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    Please explain how you and ultimoduchi seem to "know" about what has transpired in cycling's past.

    I said "Who knows at this point?" That would imply me NOT knowing. At least I have the capability to accept that I do not know.

    My money is where my mouth is. IMO LeMond doped. Deal with it. God forbid someone disagrees with either of you two moreons..

    "LOL" What...are you ten?

    Hey Pedalruns...didn't you say this: "I'm a novice at doing my own work,..." Nuff said...rookie
    OK, let's just agree to disagree.

    I don't know 100% that Lemond was clean, but on the evidence that has been presented there is a very strong chance that I am right. I too am prepared to put my money where my mouth is on that point. So IMO Lemond was clean as a whistle.

    I was more taking issue with your way of presenting your opinion, including your disingenuous reply.

  10. #285
    always right sometimes
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,832

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by ultimobici
    OK, let's just agree to disagree.

    I don't know 100% that Lemond was clean, but on the evidence that has been presented there is a very strong chance that I am right. I too am prepared to put my money where my mouth is on that point. So IMO Lemond was clean as a whistle.

    I was more taking issue with your way of presenting your opinion, including your disingenuous reply.
    OK..fair enough. Implying the someone should "give up" instead of disagree with you is a bit odd. I did a quick review of this thread and noticed that you have been a huge LeMond supporter start to finish with numerous posts. You have done a great job of researching this whole thing and presenting us with endless article clips etc. I hope that you are correct in claiming that LeMond raced clean. You know where I stand. Like yours, my stance is based on logic. Who knows...who knows?

    Back in 1999, would you have argued that Lance raced clean based on the endless articles to be had that suggested his innocence?
    Last edited by rydbyk; 01-25-2011 at 08:27 AM.

  11. #286
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: trumpetbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    79
    this being a VERY old thread, but as a few years have passed, does anyone here have a change in opinion on Greg Lemond having not doped? I don't believe he ever did, and I laughed so hard at this years ago I couldn't comment on some who posted here that they thought he did. a lot has come out about Armstrong, but none on Lemond in the past 8 yrs. any thoughts?

  12. #287
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Wookiebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,579
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpetbiker View Post
    this being a VERY old thread, but as a few years have passed, does anyone here have a change in opinion on Greg Lemond having not doped? I don't believe he ever did, and I laughed so hard at this years ago I couldn't comment on some who posted here that they thought he did. a lot has come out about Armstrong, but none on Lemond in the past 8 yrs. any thoughts?
    Yup ... still believe he doped, maybe not his entire career, but 1989 he made "HUGE" gains in fitness to win the Tour against others that were clearly doping.

    I'm doubting there has been any great or even good cyclist ... ever ... that didn't do something considered doping.

    Name a sport of your choice ... any sport ... and you will find doping on one level or another going on throughout it's history. Just the way it is and to think otherwise is just naive and ignoring the facts.

    People not talking about Lemond ... the "CODE" was much stronger back then, though it is still quite strong to this day. They just don't talk about it and don't rat out others ... mostly because they were just as dirty and there in absolutely nothing to gain from it.

    Armstrong would have got away with it if he wasn't such an A$$ ... he made people hate him, which in the end was his undoing. If he had been a good guy that whooped everybody, he would still be holding onto his 7 TDF titles.
    Snakebit: "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a source? I don't make a note of everything I see or hear on the internet and you don't have to take my word for it."

  13. #288
    always right sometimes
    Reputation: rydbyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    Yup ... still believe he doped, maybe not his entire career, but 1989 he made "HUGE" gains in fitness to win the Tour against others that were clearly doping.

    I'm doubting there has been any great or even good cyclist ... ever ... that didn't do something considered doping.

    Name a sport of your choice ... any sport ... and you will find doping on one level or another going on throughout it's history. Just the way it is and to think otherwise is just naive and ignoring the facts.

    People not talking about Lemond ... the "CODE" was much stronger back then, though it is still quite strong to this day. They just don't talk about it and don't rat out others ... mostly because they were just as dirty and there in absolutely nothing to gain from it.

    Armstrong would have got away with it if he wasn't such an A$$ ... he made people hate him, which in the end was his undoing. If he had been a good guy that whooped everybody, he would still be holding onto his 7 TDF titles.
    Yep. Yep and yep... also, people's definition of "doping" varies quite a bit. What if LeMond used a PED that was not yet deemed "illegal" that today is listed as a banned substance. Is that not doping? Pro cyclists have been doping for 100 years. LeMond was a BEAST with insane natural talent....love him and what he did for cycling. I am not blind though...

  14. #289
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Throughout his career he worked with doping doctors, first Francis Bellocq then Bernard Sainz (Dr. Mabuse).

    I could go on but I am sure you get the picture......interesting how there is nothing similar on LeMond
    Edit. My personal opinion if there was any hanky panky with Lemond and doping, those internal circles would have spoke about it. I highly doubt he doped.
    Last edited by Eretz; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:12 PM.

  15. #290
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiebiker View Post
    Yup ... still believe he doped, maybe not his entire career, but 1989 he made "HUGE" gains in fitness to win the Tour against others that were clearly doping.

    I'm doubting there has been any great or even good cyclist ... ever ... that didn't do something considered doping.

    Name a sport of your choice ... any sport ... and you will find doping on one level or another going on throughout it's history. Just the way it is and to think otherwise is just naive and ignoring the facts.

    People not talking about Lemond ... the "CODE" was much stronger back then, though it is still quite strong to this day. They just don't talk about it and don't rat out others ... mostly because they were just as dirty and there in absolutely nothing to gain from it.

    Armstrong would have got away with it if he wasn't such an A$$ ... he made people hate him, which in the end was his undoing. If he had been a good guy that whooped everybody, he would still be holding onto his 7 TDF titles.
    LeMond did not make HUGE gains in fitness, in fact in 89 he was not close to his previous form. The code was also not stronger. I talked often riders and staff back then about doping. I talked with Greg, his teammates, and others he worked with. The consensus was always the same, Greg rode clean. Even those who had falling outs with him and could have gained by making up a story stood by their position that Greg rode clean.

    Bike racing is dirty but I have yet to see or hear any creditable evidence that Greg doped .
    "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, however, we are unable to reach that judgment.”

    -Robert Mueller

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.