Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010

Trans Athlete outed by coach

Transgender teen outed by wrestling coach, mom says - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

It is never OK to out a trans person. Only hard core trolls do it.

Deplorable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Not sure the coach handled it correctly. However, I don't think a minor female should change in the same locker room as minor males.

Wish i was in high school again, I could have been a male self identifying as a lesbian female.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pre or post surgery should have something to do with locker room usage.

Pre surgery is gonna get outed if using the same locker room, and while he may identify as a boy, there is gonna be a locker room full of boys looking at a girl.

One how or another things were bound to come to a head.
    Too old to ride plastic

banned
    Jul 2010
    It's a weird time when telling the truth creates so much scandal.

There are potential safety issues having someone with a vagina change in the boy's locker room. That isn't to say that this coach handled things correctly. It sounds like he screwed the pooch and will probably pay for it with his job.

This trans athlete thing isn't going away any time soon, is it?

banned
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crit_boy View Post
    Wish i was in high school again, I could have been a male self identifying as a lesbian female.
    It's not too late to go back.

This 52-Year-Old Man Lives As A 6-Year-Old Gi | The Daily Caller

;)

Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Pre or post surgery should have something to do with locker room usage.

Pre surgery is gonna get outed if using the same locker room, and while he may identify as a boy, there is gonna be a locker room full of boys looking at a girl.

One how or another things were bound to come to a head.
    The trend is just hormones, no cutting or snipping. Sometimes a M-F will get breast implants.

It's weird to give a little boy drugs that prevent puberty and may cause lifelong sterility. It's even worse if we go cutting off the balls of little boys because they are confused. But if some parents do decide to mutilate the little boy's genitals, we are not allowed to question it. Also, there are weird laws that say a child can transition without the knowledge of their parents -- so at times the parents are not even allowed to question it.

Back to the balls: That is one of the main issues -- female athletes with male genitals (testosterone producing testicles) and three times the testosterone of the average woman, racing with women. Question the fairness and you're a troll and bigot

RoadBikeReview Member
    maybe sports should be treated like reproduction. Just cause you feel and identify as a gender it doesn't entitle you to play ANY sport you like. Just like I can't choose to bear children. Why not find a sport where you don't have to get undressed in front of everyone else? Life lesson, you can't always get what you want. Rugby would be happy to have her play with the girls or boys. Girls might be better in America.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    ...Sometimes a M-F will get breast implants.
    I think you'll find that after a few months of hormones, they'll grow by themselves. At least that's what the 2 M-F transgendered women I know say...

This isn't going to go away, so it's probably time that all schools make some sort of non-conforming facilities available.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Not sure the coach handled it correctly. However, I don't think a minor female should change in the same locker room as minor males.

The coach broke the rules. Some weirdos get glee from outing, and harassing, Trans people.

The majority of Americans live in a state where there are laws protecting people's ability to use the restroom that aligns with their gender. Most large companies have similar rules. The issue is never the trans kid, but with weird trolls who like to harass them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Falsetti View Post
    Transgender teen outed by wrestling coach, mom says - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

It is never OK to out a trans person. Only hard core trolls do it.

Deplorable.
    You don't get out much do you?

banned
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    maybe sports should be treated like reproduction. Just cause you feel and identify as a gender it doesn't entitle you to play ANY sport you like. Just like I can't choose to bear children. Why not find a sport where you don't have to get undressed in front of everyone else? Life lesson, you can't always get what you want. Rugby would be happy to have her play with the girls or boys. Girls might be better in America.
    Some trolls are brazen enough to ask:

Why should the rest of the world ignore biological facts and comply with the gender identity disorders of children?

Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    I think you'll find that after a few months of hormones, they'll grow by themselves. At least that's what the 2 M-F transgendered women I know say...
    I don't doubt it. At the same time, I think what I said about surgery is still true.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    The bully coach who outed the young trans kid appreciates your support at this difficult time.

The kid is a kid. The is nothing "weird" about his desire to live a normal life. What is weird is the coach ignoring the rules, letting the kid be harassed, and not just outing him but shaming him for who he is.

Deplorable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Some trolls are brazen enough to ask:

Why should the rest of the world ignore biological facts and comply with the gender identity disorders of children?

I don't doubt it. At the same time, I think what I said about surgery is still true.
    Do you check the genitals of every person you meet? If yes how many times have you been arrested?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by exracer View Post
    You don't get out much do you?
    You have nothing to add to the discussion so you go with an insult?

banned
    Jul 2010
    The bully coach who outed the young trans kid appreciates your support at this difficult time.
    Don't let your feelings get in the way of reality. After saying what you quoted I went on to say:

That isn't to say that this coach handled things correctly. It sounds like he screwed the pooch and will probably pay for it with his job.

In light of what I actually wrote, it is completely at odds with reality to suggest that I support the coach. I don't know how you overlooked my words, as they were in black and white less than one inch away from the words you quoted. Maybe you skipped them on purpose and quoted one sentence out of many in an attempt to score a cheap point and say that I am supporting a bully coach.

Meh.

If a person believes in what they write, why resort to these tactics?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    It's weird to give a little boy drugs that prevent puberty and may cause lifelong sterility. It's even worse if we go cutting off the balls of little boys because they are confused. But if some parents do decide to mutilate the little boy's genitals, we are not allowed to question it.
    So many lies in one post.

No, puberty blocker do not cause lifelong sterility. The right wing echo chamber pushes this lie but it is indeed a lie.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (2015) and the American Psychiatric Association (Byne et al., 2012), classifies these blockers as fully reversible. These are safe medications that have been in use among both trans and cis children for decades now.

Genital surgery on "little boys" is almost unheard of. Only people stuck in the right wing echo chamber believe this is some widespread thing.

banned
    Jul 2010
    So many lies in one post.

No, puberty blocker do not cause lifelong sterility. The right wing echo chamber pushes this lie but it is indeed a lie.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (2015) and the American Psychiatric Association (Byne et al., 2012), classifies these blockers as fully reversible. These are safe medications that have been in use among both trans and cis children for decades now.

Genital surgery on "little boys" is almost unheard of. Only people stuck in the right wing echo chamber believe this is some widespread thing.
    It's as thought you just read little bits and pieces and then respond to some caricature of what I wrote.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    In light of what I actually wrote
    You actually wrote

Most reasonable people can see that outing a trans kid is more than just "Telling the truth". That is why it is expressly forbidden. You have tried to minimize the coaches actions by saying he was just "Telling the truth".

The Ohio High School Athletic Association has a clear transgender policy that states

"The legitimate privacy interests of all student-athletes should be protected and the medical privacy of transgender students should be preserved."
    The coach was not just "Telling the truth" he was breaking the state rules and opening the kid for harassment.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    It's as thought you just read little bits and piece and then respond to some caricature of what I wrote.
    Your post makes no sense.

You clearly claimed that puberty blockers create life long sterility. This is a lie. You also claimed that little boys are getting their balls cut off because they are confused. This is also a lie.

Pointing out your obvious lies is not a caricature.

banned
    Jul 2010
    Your post makes no sense.

You clearly claimed that puberty blockers create life long sterility. This is a lie. You also claimed that little boys are getting their balls cut off because they are confused. This is also a lie.

Pointing out your obvious lies is not a caricature.
    No worries. It isn't super important that you understand and agree with my posts.

feh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    The fact you refer to such cases as disorders tells us everything we need to know about your state of mind.
    What's the Matter with Kansas?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    The fact you refer to such cases as disorders tells us everything we need to know about your state of mind.
    Yup. and pushing the lie that Trans kids are just "confused" and outing trans kids is just "telling the truth"

Deplorable

RoadBikeReview Member

It would be hard, though, as the bulge in your pants became larger.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yup. and pushing the lie that Trans kids are just "confused" and outing trans kids is just "telling the truth"

Deplorable
    How can a pre-pubescent kid really know which gender he wants to identify with when he grows up? How do his parents know? What if he or she changes his/her mind when they've lived longer and learned more about life? What would be wrong with saying to little Johnny, "Wait and see what nature provides! If you can't work with that, then think about medical solutions."

Individuals vary quite a lot on how far they go medically to meet role expectations. As you've said, most take hormones to elicit the appropriate feelings, but get by without genital surgery. So guys who identify as women still have penises and testicles, but use the equipment differently. Have no idea what women do transitioning to men. Testosterone therapy isn't going to drop the ovaries into the scrotum to form testicles. It'll enlarge the clitoris, though. Would this not preserve feeling like a woman?

Its also interesting to note none of the trans pictured are flaming males or flaming females. A bit like many gays, they dress conservatively, staying "invisible" to those who would persecute them. I don't think I'd know one from another. I'll pay respects entirely based on looks, although like the wrestler above, sometimes that may be challenging.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    How can a pre-pubescent kid really know which gender he wants to identify with when he grows up? How do his parents know? What if he or she changes his/her mind when they've lived longer and learned more about life? What would be wrong with saying to little Johnny, "Wait and see what nature provides! If you can't work with that, then think about medical solutions."

Individuals vary quite a lot on how far they go medically to meet role expectations. As you've said, most take hormones to elicit the appropriate feelings, but get by without genital surgery. So guys who identify as women still have penises and testicles, but use the equipment differently. Have no idea what women do transitioning to men. Testosterone therapy isn't going to drop the ovaries into the scrotum to form testicles. It'll enlarge the clitoris, though. Would this not preserve feeling like a woman?

Its also interesting to note none of the trans pictured are flaming males or flaming females. A bit like many gays, they dress conservatively, staying "invisible" to those who would persecute them. I don't think I'd know one from another. I'll pay respects entirely based on looks, although like the wrestler above, sometimes that may be challenging.
    Waiting and seeing is a key part of transitioning.

Most doctors will not allow any hormones until someone has lived in their correct gender for 18 months. Kids are given even more time, in fact puberty blockers are used to give them more time. Unlike the lies that some have posted puberty blockers are not irreversible. They do not render someone sterile. Genital surgery for minors is almost unheard of.

You are correct that most trans people are "stealth". Most are not activists. Like the kid who the coach outed they just want to live their lives.

δanned
    Quote Originally Posted by feh View Post
    The word disorder does not automatically imply a negative connotation in the psychiatric sense. If you believe it does, revisit the definition of a mental disorder.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3101504/

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-...mental-illness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder

The Hanlon's Razor approach would suggest that you are simply mistaken, but given your post history it's probably something else.
    Ghurarmu shirkush’ agh azgushu. Zant ya apakurizak. Gűl-n’ anakhizak.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast