Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

soon, very soon....

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  ErNestO_from_Wisconsin 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
What a tease.

And outlook totally eff's up my comp at work.

When will the site be up? Is this your site?

joe

#3 ·
yes and yes

JoeDaddio said:
What a tease.

And outlook totally eff's up my comp at work.

When will the site be up? Is this your site?

joe

Yes, a big tease and a big hooplah. It is my site. I'm just trying to provide inexpensive fixie frames to the masses. Prototype is not finished yet, and I plan to have frames ranging from 54, 56, and 58 by the summer.

In the mean time, as soon as I get the domain pointed the right way, you can enjoy some shirts...just gimme a few hours to finish what I am doing today...

#12 ·
sniff, sniff

Hollywood said:
next time send us all a check before you open your mouth! Some people just don't get it....
I know, I know...sorry, lapse in judgement there.

A big Thanks to Dave Hickey for letting me get away with this. I don't do this with ill intentions, do Dave, Thanks.

Hollywood, when will you come up to Wisconsin for a good old fashioned thumb wrestling tournament?

Ok, I need your opinion, steel vs carbon fork?

I got a carbon fork that has a rescess to fit a fender on a fixie...I'm still debating, but my gut feeling is that I'll end up producing a unicrown steel fork. Cheaper than carbon, and much more reliable...

#14 ·
Ha!

jh_on_the_cape said:
Why not HBFK brand cupcakes?
seriously, shoulda been HBFK straight up. with a cup holder (mega sized) welded right onto the TT. and an ashtray.
Funny!

I know...hmmm...you know, I think you have something there dood...
I'll have to ponder it, though, I've already paid a lot for FIXED-GEAR.net stuff.

Maybe a lugged toilet paper holder sticking out of the head tube...

#15 ·
ErNestO_from_Wisconsin said:
Hollywood, when will you come up to Wisconsin for a good old fashioned thumb wrestling tournament?
don't make me embarrass you in front of your homies. Again.

ErNestO_from_Wisconsin said:
Ok, I need your opinion, steel vs carbon fork?

I got a carbon fork that has a rescess to fit a fender on a fixie...I'm still debating, but my gut feeling is that I'll end up producing a unicrown steel fork. Cheaper than carbon, and much more reliable...
well, there's always the chance of this:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=20032

#16 ·
Ouch!

Hollywood said:
don't make me embarrass you in front of your homies. Again.

well, there's always the chance of this:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=20032
After seeing that, its steel from now on. I hope to have the site finished by tonight. Too sooper busy with this. And...I will use steel for the forks. Unicrown, straight blade forks.

#20 ·
How about a little rain on your parade?

1 picture from 1 angle of 1 frame of unknown quality built out of unknown tubing from an unknown source with an unknown history.

I'm excited too!

Where do I send my money.......:rolleyes:

#21 ·
more for you

MB1 said:
1 picture from 1 angle of 1 frame of unknown quality built out of unknown tubing from an unknown source with an unknown history.

I'm excited too!

Where do I send my money.......:rolleyes:
Click on the picture...where you'll see more pictures in a gallery...as for everything else...just be patient dood. I'm a one man shop trying to make ends meat. I mean, meet.

#22 ·
Good luck with you're new venture

This is an interesting thread, though, because it seems to be crossing the line between a forum member talking about what he's up to and an outright freebie advertisement. I don't know if there's actually a violation of the guidelines, but I'll just post the relevant guideline to open the discussion:

"RoadbikeREVIEW.com Message Board Posting Guidelines"

The entire site is premised on sharing product information, so as one might imagine we are strong proponents of free speech. That being said, here are some specific reasons why we remove certain messages:
1. The message insults or degrades another member of the community.
2. The message contains profanity, offensive language, or racial epithets.
3. The message is an advertisement or spam.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

#23 ·
thanks!

PdxMark said:
This is an interesting thread, though, because it seems to be crossing the line between a forum member talking about what he's up to and an outright freebie advertisement. I don't know if there's actually a violation of the guidelines, but I'll just post the relevant guideline to open the discussion:

"RoadbikeREVIEW.com Message Board Posting Guidelines"

The entire site is premised on sharing product information, so as one might imagine we are strong proponents of free speech. That being said, here are some specific reasons why we remove certain messages:
1. The message insults or degrades another member of the community.
2. The message contains profanity, offensive language, or racial epithets.
3. The message is an advertisement or spam.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/guidelinescrx.aspx
Hey, thanks. Just wanting people's opinions on it in case it needs improvement in the foochoore.

#26 ·
remove

Dave Hickey said:
We're a little more tolerant here in the fixed forum but in the future, I'd appreciate it if you'd mention in your first post that it's your website and you're trying to sell frames....

Thanks and good luck. I hope you sell plenty....
Thanks Dave,

hey, could you remove this post please? I think I did enough damage as it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.