soon, very soon....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    soon, very soon....

    Soon, there will be FIXED GEAR brand for all of you to enjoy...http://www.fixed-gear.net
    Last edited by ErNestO_from_Wisconsin; 04-19-2006 at 02:24 AM.
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  2. #2
    Sticky Valentine
    Reputation: JoeDaddio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    28,404
    What a tease.


    And outlook totally eff's up my comp at work.

    When will the site be up? Is this your site?



    joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

  3. #3

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    yes and yes

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio
    What a tease.


    And outlook totally eff's up my comp at work.

    When will the site be up? Is this your site?



    joe

    Yes, a big tease and a big hooplah. It is my site. I'm just trying to provide inexpensive fixie frames to the masses. Prototype is not finished yet, and I plan to have frames ranging from 54, 56, and 58 by the summer.

    In the mean time, as soon as I get the domain pointed the right way, you can enjoy some shirts...just gimme a few hours to finish what I am doing today...
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  4. #4

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    727
    you're a little late to be tapping into the fixie market at this point. i have suspicions that people jumping into the ss.fixed game commercially at this point are just being opportunistic. nice shirts though.
    cmatcan - I have to ask this - What the H%ll is that in your avatar??

  5. #5

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    no prob

    Quote Originally Posted by cmatcan
    you're a little late to be tapping into the fixie market at this point. i have suspicions that people jumping into the ss.fixed game commercially at this point are just being opportunistic. nice shirts though.
    We'll just see where this goes. I'm not holding my breath on anything.
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  6. #6
    Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Reputation: Dave Hickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    20,473
    We're a little more tolerant here in the fixed forum but in the future, I'd appreciate it if you'd mention in your first post that it's your website and you're trying to sell frames....

    Thanks and good luck. I hope you sell plenty....
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

    My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

  7. #7

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hickey
    We're a little more tolerant here in the fixed forum but in the future, I'd appreciate it if you'd mention in your first post that it's your website and you're trying to sell frames....

    Thanks and good luck. I hope you sell plenty....
    Sorry man, I'm just trying to get the word out.
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by ErNestO_from_Wisconsin
    Sorry man, I'm just trying to get the word out.
    yeah, through advertising. that usually isn't free, businessman.
    anyways, hickey's being very cool/mellow about it so just say thanks.
    cmatcan - I have to ask this - What the H%ll is that in your avatar??

  9. #9
    Born from JortsŪ
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    11,955

    jerk

    Quote Originally Posted by ErNestO_from_Wisconsin
    Sorry man, I'm just trying to get the word out.
    next time send us all a check before you open your mouth! Some people just don't get it....

  10. #10

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    next time send us all a check before you open your mouth! Some people just don't get it....

    I dont get it?

  11. #11

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    727
    well, it's pretty simple ss. see all the banners on your computer screen when you come to this site? those are ads. ads cost money. companies pay sites like this one to put ads up...at least they're supposed to.
    cmatcan - I have to ask this - What the H%ll is that in your avatar??

  12. #12

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    sniff, sniff

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    next time send us all a check before you open your mouth! Some people just don't get it....
    I know, I know...sorry, lapse in judgement there.

    A big Thanks to Dave Hickey for letting me get away with this. I don't do this with ill intentions, do Dave, Thanks.

    Hollywood, when will you come up to Wisconsin for a good old fashioned thumb wrestling tournament?

    Ok, I need your opinion, steel vs carbon fork?

    I got a carbon fork that has a rescess to fit a fender on a fixie...I'm still debating, but my gut feeling is that I'll end up producing a unicrown steel fork. Cheaper than carbon, and much more reliable...
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by ErNestO_from_Wisconsin
    Soon, there will be FIXED GEAR brand for all of you to enjoy...http://www.adventurefind.com/fixed-gear.net/index.html
    Why not HBFK brand cupcakes?
    seriously, shoulda been HBFK straight up. with a cup holder (mega sized) welded right onto the TT. and an ashtray.

  14. #14

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    Ha!

    Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    Why not HBFK brand cupcakes?
    seriously, shoulda been HBFK straight up. with a cup holder (mega sized) welded right onto the TT. and an ashtray.
    Funny!

    I know...hmmm...you know, I think you have something there dood...
    I'll have to ponder it, though, I've already paid a lot for FIXED-GEAR.net stuff.

    Maybe a lugged toilet paper holder sticking out of the head tube...
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  15. #15
    Born from JortsŪ
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    11,955
    Quote Originally Posted by ErNestO_from_Wisconsin
    Hollywood, when will you come up to Wisconsin for a good old fashioned thumb wrestling tournament?
    don't make me embarrass you in front of your homies. Again.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErNestO_from_Wisconsin
    Ok, I need your opinion, steel vs carbon fork?

    I got a carbon fork that has a rescess to fit a fender on a fixie...I'm still debating, but my gut feeling is that I'll end up producing a unicrown steel fork. Cheaper than carbon, and much more reliable...
    well, there's always the chance of this:

    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=20032

  16. #16

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    Ouch!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    don't make me embarrass you in front of your homies. Again.



    well, there's always the chance of this:

    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=20032
    After seeing that, its steel from now on. I hope to have the site finished by tonight. Too sooper busy with this. And...I will use steel for the forks. Unicrown, straight blade forks.
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  17. #17

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    Frame #1

    Frame #1 is ready for viewing @ http://www.fixed-gear.net/

    Oh, I can't wait to ride it. For each frame bought, I will number it so you know what # frame you have.

    So, so sexy!

    Enjoy!

    Ernesto
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  18. #18
    soy un perdedor
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    839

    Looks Nice!

    Are you going to put up a sizing table on your page? Sharp looking frame and a good price.

  19. #19

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    i will

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDog
    Are you going to put up a sizing table on your page? Sharp looking frame and a good price.
    Just gimme a couple of days and I'll do it.

    Thanks for the compliment!
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  20. #20
    MB1
    MB1 is offline
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Reputation: MB1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,910

    How about a little rain on your parade?

    1 picture from 1 angle of 1 frame of unknown quality built out of unknown tubing from an unknown source with an unknown history.

    I'm excited too!

    Where do I send my money.......
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

  21. #21

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    more for you

    Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    1 picture from 1 angle of 1 frame of unknown quality built out of unknown tubing from an unknown source with an unknown history.

    I'm excited too!

    Where do I send my money.......
    Click on the picture...where you'll see more pictures in a gallery...as for everything else...just be patient dood. I'm a one man shop trying to make ends meat. I mean, meet.
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: PdxMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,524

    Good luck with you're new venture

    This is an interesting thread, though, because it seems to be crossing the line between a forum member talking about what he's up to and an outright freebie advertisement. I don't know if there's actually a violation of the guidelines, but I'll just post the relevant guideline to open the discussion:

    "RoadbikeREVIEW.com Message Board Posting Guidelines"

    The entire site is premised on sharing product information, so as one might imagine we are strong proponents of free speech. That being said, here are some specific reasons why we remove certain messages:
    1. The message insults or degrades another member of the community.
    2. The message contains profanity, offensive language, or racial epithets.
    3. The message is an advertisement or spam.

    http://www.roadbikereview.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

  23. #23

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by PdxMark
    This is an interesting thread, though, because it seems to be crossing the line between a forum member talking about what he's up to and an outright freebie advertisement. I don't know if there's actually a violation of the guidelines, but I'll just post the relevant guideline to open the discussion:

    "RoadbikeREVIEW.com Message Board Posting Guidelines"

    The entire site is premised on sharing product information, so as one might imagine we are strong proponents of free speech. That being said, here are some specific reasons why we remove certain messages:
    1. The message insults or degrades another member of the community.
    2. The message contains profanity, offensive language, or racial epithets.
    3. The message is an advertisement or spam.

    http://www.roadbikereview.com/guidelinescrx.aspx
    Hey, thanks. Just wanting people's opinions on it in case it needs improvement in the foochoore.
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

  24. #24
    Fixed Geezer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    76
    Nice frame, but I think it's cheezy to use the forum for free advertising.

  25. #25

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    50

    yes and yes

    Quote Originally Posted by michaeln
    Nice frame, but I think it's cheezy to use the forum for free advertising.
    yes, you're right. Nice frame and cheezy post. I want it removed.
    Fixed Gear schmoe and ENO wannabe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.