Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Any Fuji owners out there?

192K views 287 replies 162 participants last post by  matejl 
#1 ·
Who else out there rides a Fuji? I own a 2003 Fuji Team that I purchased back in September. It's the first road bike I have owned in years and I have already put over 1000 miles on it. I've even done 2 centuries over the past 4 months.

Needless to say, I am ecstatic about every aspect of this bike - comfort, handling, performance, weight (16.6 pounds!), and quality. I was scorned at first by my LBS for purchasing a Fuji (told me not to get a Taiwanese bike - even though his Specialized' bikes are also made in Taiwan), but now I feel very happy about my decision. And I have talked to a number of other cyclists who own Fuji's that love them. At some point I will upgrade to a Trek OCLV (5900 probably), but until then I am going to pedal happily on my Fuji Team.

Thx...Doug

#78 ·
aldiyo said:
thanks a lot. build it up with old parts from another bike, used stuff, etc. you know how it goes. But i like it a lot, pretty light, stiff enough for me (130 lbs) and handles well.
Yeah. My buddy just bought a 2006 RC like yours (in June 2008) and only paid $1400 or so for it. Pretty sweet deal for a bike that's just sat in the store for a couple years!

#79 ·
dgangi said:
Who else out there rides a Fuji?

Hi! I just (last Saturday) bought a Fuji Newest 4.0. Haven't had it out but once, a quick ride around the block. I am WAY OUT OF SHAPE! I'm 50 and haven't had a bike in about 25-30 years.

#80 ·
I got a 07 Fuji Roubaix off CraigsList for $650 and couldnt be happier! I got it last May and have put close to 500 miles on it. I originally got it b/c I am doing a triathlon but I am sure to keep riding for pleasure long after that tri has come and gone.

#81 ·
Tommyr said:
Hi! I just (last Saturday) bought a Fuji Newest 4.0. Haven't had it out but once, a quick ride around the block. I am WAY OUT OF SHAPE! I'm 50 and haven't had a bike in about 25-30 years.
Well, I'm not quite 50, but I am also way out of shape! I seem to be putting off riding quite a bit...

#82 ·
jbkalla said:
Well, I'm not quite 50, but I am also way out of shape! I seem to be putting off riding quite a bit...

Just take it slow. I'm better now than I was in the beginning. I go to around 5-6 miles at a time now. Now that the weather is cold I don't go. If we get a small heat wave this winter I'll take her out for a spin though!

Just DO IT!

#90 ·
I got my team a few weeks ago and have put a few hundred miles on it. I have a Kuota K--Factor as my main ride and wanted to upgrade the aluminum road bike (2004 Trek 1500) I had for my second bike. I did not need the nicer/lighter equipment seeing that I am 6'1" and 209 (down from 245 February 2008) . The 105 and ultegra mix work great. I could not be more please. It is a nice ride and accelerates well. I guess one would notice the improvement after accelerating on a tri-bike. The shifter limiting screws had to be adjusted immediately. After the first 30 miles, no issues and it shifts great. I may upgrade the crank to an FSA carbon of some sort or dura ace 7800 if I can spend enough time searching on ebay. Looking to upgrade stock wheels (Shimano 500) for a stronger training set. For the money and after applying the funds from the sale of my Trek, I could not be more pleased. It feels good to blow up fellow riders up-hills who 1. weigh 25-50 lbs lighter than you and 2. spent 5k+ on a bike.

#91 ·
No question, go for the 7800 crank. Its light years above the FSA stuff.

#93 ·
dgangi said:
Who else out there rides a Fuji? I own a 2003 Fuji Team that I purchased back in September. It's the first road bike I have owned in years and I have already put over 1000 miles on it. I've even done 2 centuries over the past 4 months.

Needless to say, I am ecstatic about every aspect of this bike - comfort, handling, performance, weight (16.6 pounds!), and quality. I was scorned at first by my LBS for purchasing a Fuji (told me not to get a Taiwanese bike - even though his Specialized' bikes are also made in Taiwan), but now I feel very happy about my decision. And I have talked to a number of other cyclists who own Fuji's that love them. At some point I will upgrade to a Trek OCLV (5900 probably), but until then I am going to pedal happily on my Fuji Team.

Thx...Doug
What makes you think the Trek will be an upgrade? Not saying they're bad but I wouldn't say they're better than the Fujis. I suspect you can get a better deal on a Fuji than a Trek. BTW I own 2 Fujis and 2 Treks. They're all good.

#94 ·
Tecopa Red said:
What makes you think the Trek will be an upgrade? Not saying they're bad but I wouldn't say they're better than the Fujis. I suspect you can get a better deal on a Fuji than a Trek. BTW I own 2 Fujis and 2 Treks. They're all good.
You do realize that you've just replied to a post from almost 7 years ago, right?

Somehow, I doubt the OP cares much about "upgrading" to a Trek 5900 anymore. :)