Sep 2003

All I can say is.....

WOW!!!!!!

http://www.velomine.com/72p10.html

And too bad it's too big for me....

duh...
    safety levers... wow, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

Two wheels=freedom!
    Sep 2003
    Yeah, I'd swap those out in a heartbeat, but the rest of the ride is way nice....

Knives, Guns, and Booze
    Looks like flatlander gearing… or it could be what the “real men” used back in the day (you know, “the day”, where they had whiskey in their bottles instead of water).

What Would Google Do.
    never b4 have I seen such anj informative set of fotos for a listing...wow
    you cant say 3rd without turd.

___
    if every man in the world actually played hide the weenie with every woman he ever fantasized over both herpes and stupid would be more of an epidemic than they already are.

- Spanky_ 888007
    __

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    That's a beautiful sample of what the bikes were "back in the day." Schwinn made a touring version and a road racing version of the Paramount. The one pictured is the touring version. the RR version, if memory serves me correctly, had a shorter wheelbase, tighter clearances, and a more upright geometry. It also had Campy sidepulls and downtube shifters.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

Frog Whisperer
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Its a nice bike to hang on the wall or in a bike shop.

But if its not Carbon I dont want it, I am too old and too grumpy to be lugging a steel bike on a century ride.

Its How I Roll

Midwest Playa

Ride Em Hard

So what if I'm a dork!
    What's the word? Oh yeah...

Bada Bling!

Just Plain Bitter
    Where was that thing stashed all these years? that is a sweet thing indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

RoadBikeReview Member
    AHHAHAHAHHAAAHAHA

Sup Voodoo dont get me wrong its a nice bike and I know your a steeler Fan lol.

But if you have bad knees, arrthritis lazynities and everything else like me you will feel the same.lol, Hell if I can get away with riding a bike naked I will do it to help reduce any excessive weight.lol sometimes I take my son so he can carry my water bottle and my co2 and innertubes lol hes 16 hes young he can handle it.lol

Its How I roll

Midwest Playa
    Ride em Hard

So what if I'm a dork!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Playa
    AHHAHAHAHHAAAHAHA

Sup Voodoo dont get me wrong its a nice bike and I know your a steeler Fan lol.

But if you have bad knees, arrthritis lazynities and everything else like me you will feel the same.lol, Hell if I can get away with riding a bike naked I will do it to help reduce any excessive weight.lol sometimes I take my son so he can carry my water bottle and my co2 and innertubes lol hes 16 hes young he can handle it.lol
    This Schwinn would not be my choice for long ride either, believe me. I would ride that C-50 any day for any kind of distance or training with pleasure and then some (although the two bikes are not even from the same planet). The more I think about that C-50, if I were to get a carbon bike it would make the short list of choices. Carbon has come such a long way. If I owned this Schwinn though I would cruise that sucker around the neighborhood, lake front and stuff like that. Places that I wouldn't want to take a bike with clipless pedals. The weight of that Schwinn really gets killed with some of its components, (saddle, post, wheels, BB, etc.). I have a 70's luged Raleigh Record with suicide brakes in the garage that probably weighs similar but it really does ride like nothing else and caries some nice momentum. That chrome though is all that, My Lord that thing is bright.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Nov 2005
    I've only seen a few chrome Paramounts. You could give me this bike any day & I'd happily ride a century on it. I'd change the brake levers and the brakes. After that, I'd be good to go.
    Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away & you'll have their shoes.

Frog Whisperer
    I'd hang on to the brakes but the levers would have to go.....I kinda like center pulls, at least the way they look.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Two wheels=freedom!
    Sep 2003
    Who are these guys?????

And where do they find these bikes????

http://www.velomine.com/webstore/giannimotta.html

Their home page has me drooling over all the vintage stuff I shouldn't buy...

Velomine.com

The Motta is sold, but the Paramount is "Only" $1,500. Somebody please buy it and give it a good home!!!!