Any way that back pain causes pub pain?
    RoadBikeReview Member

Any way that back pain causes pub pain?

I have been to many doctors and they can't find anything wrong. I fell on my front two months ago and have some pubic pain only when I sit and can't ride the bike since. It has been suggested that if I were to have my back adjusted it could erase my pubic pain. Is this idea crazy or what?

Bacon!
    Can't help you, but I once got some back pain falling in a pub.
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

Banned forever.....or not
    "It has been suggested that if I were to have my back adjusted it could erase my pubic pain. Is this idea crazy or what?"
    Yes.....
    On the other hand, if your wallet is adjusted enough, the pain may get worse.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

i like whiskey
    You could have bruised a nerve, which takes a LONG time to heal. A few years ago I slipped off my pedal and smashed my taint on the nose of my saddle. I had NO sensation in my wedding tackle for about two months. Dr's all said there was nothing wrong, all the plumbing and hydraulics worked fine, and it would eventually come back. It did, but that was a crappy two months.

Try some yoga to stretch out your back. It may not help, but it can't hurt. Here's a good book to start with for yoga and back issues.
    http://www.amazon.com/Back-Care-Basi...8131626&sr=1-1

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by siclmn
    I have been to many doctors and they can't find anything wrong. I fell on my front two months ago and have some pubic pain only when I sit and can't ride the bike since. It has been suggested that if I were to have my back adjusted it could erase my pubic pain. Is this idea crazy or what?
    Did they make sure you didn't fracture your pelvis - specifically around the symphysis (that's where the two halves come together at the midline)?

A scary thing heard at the Driver's License office:
    "No sir, those are numbers..."

Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by siclmn
    Ah, the usual chiropractic response: good for insurance claims and chiropractors' wallets.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Root
    Ah, the usual chiropractic response: good for insurance claims and chiropractors' wallets.
    Come on, guys; why the anti-chiro 'tudes? Even Lance used one....

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl
    Come on, guys; why the anti-chiro 'tudes? Even Lance used one....
    What does that have to do with anything, though? Einstein smoked a pipe, but I'm going with the "smoking is bad for you" camp, even so.

Appeal to authority is either a fallacious argument, or an attempt to sell something. Which are YOU doing (this accusation, by the way, is another fallacious argument tactic)?

Seriously, though, it's true that a lot of chiropractors have made a hash of the field's reputation by selling a lot of unnecessary procedures, insisting that patients visit multiple times a week or their condition will come back, and generally claiming that chiropractic will fix any and all ailments. The discipline also suffers from a number of non- or semi-scientific bases for its claims.

So there are some responsible, sensible chiros out there who only claim to do what chiropractic has been actually proven to help--lower back and directly related neuromuscular problems, but they have an uphill battle thanks to the quacks who long dominated their field and ruined their reputation.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboy389
    What does that have to do with anything, though? Einstein smoked a pipe, but I'm going with the "smoking is bad for you" camp, even so.

Appeal to authority is either a fallacious argument, or an attempt to sell something. Which are YOU doing (this accusation, by the way, is another fallacious argument tactic)?

Seriously, though, it's true that a lot of chiropractors have made a hash of the field's reputation by selling a lot of unnecessary procedures, insisting that patients visit multiple times a week or their condition will come back, and generally claiming that chiropractic will fix any and all ailments. The discipline also suffers from a number of non- or semi-scientific bases for its claims.

So there are some responsible, sensible chiros out there who only claim to do what chiropractic has been actually proven to help--lower back and directly related neuromuscular problems, but they have an uphill battle thanks to the quacks who long dominated their field and ruined their reputation.
    Um, I guess low-grade sarcasm doesn't translate well to the 'net; gotta learn how to use those emoti-thingies Me, I can hardly spell "chiropractor."

Seriously, I've had good luck with chiros, but I've seen some that I thought were bullshat, just like a lot of M.D.s, D.O.s, etc. I can even buy into the guys that tie, say, headache pain to back alignment (it's all neural network, right).

My favorite was the bonecracker that offered to give everyone at a party I was at free "adjustments," and this was for the guys at the party as well, so I don't think that he did it just to get his hands on...Omigod!

Mar 2007
    I've successfully seen good Drs of chiropractics before. A qualified chiro is, unfortunately IME, hard to find. As stated, there are a lot of quacks out there with all kinds of crazy bs "cures," gimmicks, fancy devices and procedures. You should always interview (ask questions) of ANY doctor before you see them. Also, check references, especially when it comes to chiropractic.

I'm no doctor. A few ideas; Were you checked for a hernia? Have it rechecked, it may be small. I had one from an accident and the pain after riding was bad. In my case I got pain in the area in front and to the side of my bladder (above your boys and to the side). It was always worse after any physical activity.

Also broke my tailbone, ~5 yrs of not being able to sit comfortable. That didn't hurt in the front, it hurt on the backside right around here, )*(. You get the idea.
    Jack

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl
    Um, I guess low-grade sarcasm doesn't translate well to the 'net; gotta learn how to use those emoti-thingies Me, I can hardly spell "chiropractor."

Seriously, I've had good luck with chiros, but I've seen some that I thought were bullshat, just like a lot of M.D.s, D.O.s, etc. I can even buy into the guys that tie, say, headache pain to back alignment (it's all neural network, right).

My favorite was the bonecracker that offered to give everyone at a party I was at free "adjustments," and this was for the guys at the party as well, so I don't think that he did it just to get his hands on...Omigod!
    Apparently I am sarcasm impaired today. I got bit by that in teh Lounge this afternoon too.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

RoadBikeReview Member
    My right foot is numb 5 monthes after my first visit to a chiropracter.

Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jac44
    My right foot is numb 5 monthes after my first visit to a chiropracter.
    It'll probably get better if you let him/her adjust your back again.