Anyone been to Mallorca?
    RoadBikeReview Member

Anyone been to Mallorca?

Going to Mallorca, Spain for 1st time for two weeks next week. .. base miles for racing season... (just a Cat.4 chump)
    Any tips on getting most out of time there (riding, obviously...)
    Any epic "must do-s?"
    Advice???

Feb 2004
    I was there in '96, but alas I was not riding at that time so I couldn't tell you about the riding. All I know is in April the weather is amazing, you can smell the salt in the air (a good thing in my mind), the beaches are topless, and the drinks at the clubs are large. They also have a really cool hand-made knife and sword factory there.

Have a great time and let us know how it went upon your return.
    Want to know more about yourself? Want to go faster? Want to ride more efficiently? www.rockymountainspineandsport.com - they'll take you there.

Le Rouleur

Thumbs up

Check out the Soller climb it is an amazing run also excellent climbs are puig Roig and the col d'orient . overall great place to ride I go every year .
    cheers

Quit upgrading & ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGotNuthin'
    Going to Mallorca, Spain for 1st time for two weeks next week. .. base miles for racing season... (just a Cat.4 chump)
    Any tips on getting most out of time there (riding, obviously...)
    Any epic "must do-s?"
    Advice???
    Did a 2 week training camp based in the north, Puerto Pollensa, last year...got home & scored 7th & 1st in my next two races! First RR win ever for me.

Make sure you really do rest between rides, that way we managed near 900 miles in 2 weeks. Do the Soller climb, makes a nice 100 mile loop ;)

You'll be amazed at how many cyclists are out there, literally hundreds of roadies all over the route, cars have to slow & wait behind groups of 40+ riders heading for the hills!

Traffic is minimal once out of town, road surfaces generally very good unless you want some Roubaix style back roads, which is where the hammer ALWAYS went down on my trip.

Loads of good cafes for refuelling stops, quite a few good bike shops, but I reckon the dollar is weak at the moment so maybe not many bargains. You'll love it, just watch out for arrogant Germans, burn them off yer wheel!!

PS I'm doing Italy this year, near Cesanatico, going to pay homage to poor Marco.