Anyone riding a seriuos E bike ? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSolo View Post
    Perhaps he likes his wife and kids and doesn't want to spend all of his limited free time riding and recovering.
    Spot on. Thank you.

Most of my super fit/hardcore riding friends are either single,stuck in bad marriages or have been dumped by their wives/girlfriends. Been there done that.
    Last edited by Devastazione; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:32 AM.

banned
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    I'd be fall on my ass surprised if it did fail; look at all the preschool children driving around in their battery powered cars and preteen kids on their electric skateboards.
    I fear you may be correct.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Those of us that have posted somewhat negative comments have not been critical of those who are much older or have a medical condition getting an e-bike. The OP stated that he was a healthy, young-ish person who wanted a high-end racing style e-bike because he didn't want to have to train a lot. Some of us thought that was a bad reason to get an e-bike. That is far different from someone with a condition that would prevent them from riding otherwise using a e-bike
    ^THIS^

If you're in your young-ish and healthy and need an e-bike to hang with the fast(er) group, guess what... YOU'RE SLOW. You don't need a *$#&ing crutch. You need to train or ride with a different group.

We have a guy in our club who's pushing 60 and just had both hips replaced. I'd love to see him get an e-bike and be able to do the longer/harder rides like he used to. But the healthy 35-year-old in the club who "just can't find time to train" and expects us to "ease up a little on hills." No. I don't think the e-bike is the solution for him.

banned
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    ^THIS^

If you're in your young-ish and healthy and need an e-bike to hang with the fast(er) group, guess what... YOU'RE SLOW. You don't need a *$#&ing crutch. You need to train or ride with a different group.

We have a guy in our club who's pushing 60 and just had both hips replaced. I'd love to see him get an e-bike and be able to do the longer/harder rides like he used to. But the healthy 35-year-old in the club who "just can't find time to train" and expects us to "ease up a little on hills." No. I don't think the e-bike is the solution for him.
    I think you're cutting the bi-lateral hip replacement guy way too much slack and failing to comprehend what the OP said.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    I'd rather ride with the slightly less fit guy on the ebike than deal with the anti-social elitist BS on your "group" ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    ^THIS^

Here's another one with the group ride pressure issue. I feel sorry for you bro...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Here's another one with the group ride pressure issue. I feel sorry for you bro...
    Don't feel sorry for me. My group and I are quite happy... bro.
    Last edited by OldZaskar; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:44 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    The e-bike industry could get some decent PR by having some riders with pedal based power meters posting up some rides with respectable kJ and TSS stats.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pretty soon no one will be able to tell ebikes from non-ebikes. Also, the MUTs will be overrun (already the case in Seattle).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremerradkurier View Post
    The e-bike industry could get some decent PR by having some riders with pedal based power meters posting up some rides with respectable kJ and TSS stats.
    Or maybe one of the Pro's could win a major stage race or one of the Classic's on one.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    Pretty soon no one will be able to tell ebikes from non-ebikes. Also, the MUTs will be overrun (already the case in Seattle).
    Whatever it takes to get more Schlubs out there on a bike.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pretty soon no one will be able to tell ebikes from non-ebikes.
    First it was the hard core enthusiasts complaining that ebike will attract too much negative attention, they look ungainly, they cruise too fast .. but now you say they will blend in, indistinguishable. How this is a problem?

Also, the MUTs will be overrun (already the case in Seattle).
    well that is a change from the decades of non-cyclists complaining about spending tax dollars on MUT and bike lanes that go empty all day! Imagine a world where cities have to spend millions to expand cycling path networks, instead of billions to expand freeways for cars, lol. The difference in cost per user is literally such orders of magnitude more efficient (millions vs billions).
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
    First it was the hard core enthusiasts complaining that ebike will attract too much negative attention, they look ungainly, they cruise too fast .. but now you say they will blend in, indistinguishable. How this is a problem?

well that is a change from the decades of non-cyclists complaining about spending tax dollars on MUT and bike lanes that go empty all day! Imagine a world where cities have to spend millions to expand cycling path networks, instead of billions to expand freeways for cars, lol. The difference in cost per user is literally such orders of magnitude more efficient (millions vs billions).
    Sounds like the best of all possible worlds.

banned
    Jun 2008
    Actually, I think riding around and through tents, garbage, hypodermic needles, and human feces will be the bigger challenge in Seattle.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678