Belgian newbie - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belgian newbie

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa_m View Post
    It left the UK based shop Tuesday last week and still hasn't reached its destination, being my front door, grrrrrrrrr . Shouldn't take too long as it has arrived in the Brussels distribution center (well, that's what the track & trace is telling me...).

How will BREXIT affect purchases from UK in the Union? WAFFLES!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Salute.

Great going. Did you measure out your seat bone width prior to purchasing? Or did you try out different model seats in real-time?
    No. After calling, mailing, etc it seemed to be impossible to get a Composit for test riding in my region. So I got fed up with it, somehow my brain short circuited and I ordered the saddle at Lordgun. A bit of a gamble but they have a 30 days return policy so there was an escape route. But it turns out to be exactly what I need.

To further increase comfort I've installed a crb seatpost (sssst, my wife doesn't know). Too early to jump into conclusions but I have the impression that on roads with moderate surface damage there's more absorption. On really bad surfaces I don't notice any difference.
    Last edited by Alfa_m; 02-23-2019 at 11:46 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    How will BREXIT affect purchases from UK in the Union? WAFFLES!
    The same question crossed my mind when I was looking for upgrading my wheels and UK based wheel builders came in the picture.

At the moment nobody knows I think. There seems to be totally no plan B for the proposal that was agreed by the EU and the UK Prime Minister. We'll see on March 29th.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa_m View Post

To further increase comfort I've installed a crb seatpost (sssst, my wife doesn't know). Too early to jump into conclusions but I have the impression that on roads with moderate surface damage there's more absorption. On really bad surfaces I don't notice any difference.
    Make ready a lubricant to allow the carbon post to ride freely in the seat tube.

Finish Line Fiber Grip Carbon Fiber Bicycle Assembly Gel

side note:/ Lordgun has huge return fees.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2019
    Strange, I didn't find anything on the site concerning return fees, except that shipping is at your own expense. Anayway, thanks for the information, will be more careful next time.

Finish Line Fiber Grip Carbon Fiber Bicycle Assembly Gel is exactly what I use. So the seat tube should be happy. I only applied minimum torque on the seat clamp but indeed I have to buy a torque wrench, it's the next item on my list.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Great going, but don't hold out on the proper torque. I broke a few bolts before buyiing the Ritchey 5Nm Multi-Torque Key.

The better moment is my drip-less beer mug cage. Flawless. LOL Kept cold in cold weather.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12