Bicyclist arrested after fight with motorist
    Call me a Fred

A bicyclist who was riding with his dog was arrested on suspicion of harassing and menacing a driver Thursday afternoon.

The driver told a Boulder County sheriff's deputy that the bicyclist, John Cassity, 34, opened up his passenger's side door, threw a bucket at him, and then came to the driver's side door to attack him. Cassity grabbed a metal bar, and the driver, Jeff Bertram, was able to wrestle it away from him, according to an arrest report. Before the alleged assault, Bertram said, he came near the bicyclist and told him to put his dog on a leash. The two men called each other names before Cassity threw the bucket at Bertram, the report said.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/count...124557,00.html
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Deliciously Ironic

Why is he a 'bicyclist' if...

he was in a car? Or am I misreading something? It reads that the assailant '...opened his drivers' side door...'

I'm confused!
    mohair_chair: And everyone knows that a menstruating woman attracts bears

buy my old bike stuff: https://sites.google.com/site/carbonscyclingcloset/

my playlist on Blip.fm: http://blip.fm/rollotommassi

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tommassi
    he was in a car? Or am I misreading something? It reads that the assailant '...opened his drivers' side door...' I'm confused!
    I had to read it a couple times too... I think bicyclist Cassity opened the passenger's side door of Bertram's car.

The grammar is a little ambiguous. In the phrase "John Cassity, 34, opened up HIS passenger's side door, threw a bucket at HIM," the terms "him" and "his" are meant to refer to Bertram, even though they seem to refer to Cassity by the construction of the phrase...

Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PdxMark
    I had to read it a couple times too... I think bicyclist Cassity opened the passenger's side door of Bertram's car.

The grammar is a little ambiguous. In the phrase "John Cassity, 34, opened up HIS passenger's side door, threw a bucket at HIM," the terms "him" and "his" are meant to refer to Bertram, even though they seem to refer to Cassity by the construction of the phrase...
    Gotta love those 'professional' writers who can't construct a basic sentence. Of course, they can't edit either. Makes my Kiwi mum crazy.

Gordon

Aug 2004

Worse than kids!

People just can't get along with one another these days can they.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerddwyr
    Gotta love those 'professional' writers who can't construct a basic sentence. Of course, they can't edit either. Makes my Kiwi mum crazy.

Gordon
    It does not help that English does not use reflexive pronouns like some languages.

Aug 2001
    OK, which of you guys would ever stop in the middle of a ride to throw your bucket at somebody? I know I never have. Wouldn't you worry that you might need your bucket somewhere down the road? I'm thinking that John's position on his bike isn't very aero.

Where'd the metal bar come from? What caused the police to show up? I'm thinking that the fun parts of this story have all been left out.
    Last edited by Spoke Wrench; 08-21-2004 at 06:23 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member

Who rides with a bucket anyway?

I stopped riding with mine years ago it slowed me down too much - it was good to spit in but that's about it wierd story.

Pisses me off because they never give drivers tickets for "menacing" only cyclists..

-Nik
    Where to find the best desserts in New York?
    www.dessertbuzz.com