Big Toe Troubles
    aka Zoo
    Apr 2003

Big Toe Troubles

I bought a pair of Speedplay Zeros for my bike that I've been using for the past few months and since my feet get cold really really easily it seems I've been wearing wool socks up until today when it got up to high 70s out. With thinner cycling socks I seem to be getting pain in the big toe of each foot but I never had an issue when wearing teh wool socks though. Does this mean that I need to move my cleats back a tad or that I just need more padding in my shoes? I haven't had this problem wtih my Time Impacts
    2005 Orbea Lobular 100 - 2005 Hot Tubes Carbon - 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper Disc - 2007 Kona Major Jake

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Cleats back and orthotics

Quote Originally Posted by DRLski
    I bought a pair of Speedplay Zeros for my bike that I've been using for the past few months and since my feet get cold really really easily it seems I've been wearing wool socks up until today when it got up to high 70s out. With thinner cycling socks I seem to be getting pain in the big toe of each foot but I never had an issue when wearing teh wool socks though. Does this mean that I need to move my cleats back a tad or that I just need more padding in my shoes? I haven't had this problem wtih my Time Impacts
    The standard fixes for sore feet are 1) move the cleats back, 2) try some different shoe liners/orthotics, 3) change shoes, 4) change pedals.