Bike build..It takes a village to build a bike

Feb 2007

Bike build..It takes a village to build a bike

I have a new scott CR1 bike that has gone unused for about a year d/t guilt on my part, ( a present from an old girlfriend), but now I really want to use it. It's the entry level model with 105's and easton vista's on it. I see items in the bike shop and in advertisements but what looks good and costs the most isn't always the best item, (yes I have owned spinergy wheels). Of course if it looks cool thats a bonus, but it has to work and be functional for the rider. I have a new record group that I'm putting on but everything else is on the table. I would appreciate suggestions on everything from seat's and seat posts to head sets.
    Thanks in advance for the help!

Cycling Boob
    go to the scott forums to find out what people are building their bikes with. In my opinion, you already have a good start with the cr1 frame. With the record gruppo and a nice set of wheels, everything else would be a minor detail

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichykuu
    I have a new scott CR1 bike that has gone unused for about a year d/t guilt on my part, ( a present from an old girlfriend), but now I really want to use it. It's the entry level model with 105's and easton vista's on it. I see items in the bike shop and in advertisements but what looks good and costs the most isn't always the best item, (yes I have owned spinergy wheels). Of course if it looks cool thats a bonus, but it has to work and be functional for the rider. I have a new record group that I'm putting on but everything else is on the table. I would appreciate suggestions on everything from seat's and seat posts to head sets.
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    To help finance your upgrades, I will give you $250 for your "entry level" 105 group and Vistas...
    Tyler, you are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met.